Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Situation update

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    Yesterday I noticed something I had tied together previously. First I went to Cedar Point on Saturday, discovered that as fun as it is my head can't handle roller coasters like it used to .

Anyway end up lying around most of the day yesterday. And one time I jumped up to fast...nearly blacked out. This was followed by ringing in the ears...which I had noted before. But then I noticed a massive metallic taste in my mouth. After it happened it clicked that that happened on occasion when I got dizzy. It was just so random that I never tied things together. Has anyone else ever had anything like this?
    When I was last in the hospital for pneumonia, the antibiotics I was on caused what they called orthostatic hypotension...basically really low blood pressure every time I stood up...it kept me in bed for three days straight. Anyway, I didn't get the metallic taste in my mouth, but I did get the dizziness and the ringing in my ears...it could be pretty intense at times. Have you started any new meds?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, same meds Ive been on for a while now.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    Yesterday I noticed something I had tied together previously. First I went to Cedar Point on Saturday, discovered that as fun as it is my head can't handle roller coasters like it used to .

Anyway end up lying around most of the day yesterday. And one time I jumped up to fast...nearly blacked out. This was followed by ringing in the ears...which I had noted before. But then I noticed a massive metallic taste in my mouth. After it happened it clicked that that happened on occasion when I got dizzy. It was just so random that I never tied things together. Has anyone else ever had anything like this?
    Bob, Do you have kidney involvement? When my kidneys are acting up my first symptom is I get a metallic taste and have no appetite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not up to this point. Kidney function always looks good on my lab work.

I'm starting not to trust my labs though. I always seem to have oddly good lab work even when I've got stuff going on. I managed to get cirrhosis while never having liver enzymes more than just slightly elevated.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update...after three days of no CPAP I was actually doing pretty rough. Lungs seem to have decided they like the CPAP. I had another sleep study to replace the one they lost...geez how do you lose something like that?? Anyway they contacted me back today and said I have severe obstructive sleep apnea. Blows my mind as I don't snore and never had issues before with O2 levels in the blood and wife never noticed me not breathing at night. So it looks like I'm gonna be permanently stuck on CPAP now.

Get to see Dr VF next week so I'll have a list of questions. I'm concerned as the breathing is getting worse still when I expected improvement, but I'm never sure how much is my own mind. Though at this point I seem to consistently underestimate what I'm going through on a regular basis.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, so glad they found that Bob. It can really wreck your heart to have that go undiagnosed. Not to mention dying from it. Whew.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evidently I was stopping breathing 75 times an hour...that kind of blows my mind...when did I find time to actually breath LOL. I guess I simply can't do anything part way...geez.

I do have some ongoing chest pain. I've not really said much to the family because I don't want to freak anyone out and I honestly seem to have issues with denial. Its frequent enough that I figure I should probably say something to my doc on Tuesday. My list is getting annoyingly long again.

What really bugged me yesterday is that the first time ever I had issues with my breathing while just walking. I shouldn't be getting worse at this point after RTX, MTX, Pred and everything else. Hoping that's just seasonal. Bloodwork is, as always, perfectly fine.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BOB, that can't wait till Tuesday. Need get in there sooner. Chest pain needs to be check out ASAP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's really not acute pain...I think it's my lungs to be honest.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BOB! Please don't wait or try to self-diagnose this one.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast