User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how do you know when your in remission?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my opinion if you have joint or muscle pain, it appears to me that it is abnormal. There is a underlying reason if you have joint or muscle pain..is the joint pain/muscle ache a side effects to a medicaiton? Medications like the ones that lower your cholesterol can cause muscle pain. Or do you have an additonal autoimmune disease...like RA, or joint pain from osteoarthritis, or a WG mini flare. It depends where the pain is located is it all over or one spot like the shoulders? Sometimes pain can come from a spinal cord ( arthiritis or degenerative disc disease ( wear and tear as we age)...ect. I am always trying to figure things out, my Rheumy told me last time that Im a very good analizer. Probably what she is saying really is that I am a pain in her butt!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vdub, many doctors will blame pain on getting older. If you didn't have pain before you got dx'ed, then the pain is not likely due to your age.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have similar experience. While I am generally well most of the time, I still experience a couple of days now and then when I get joint pains, that clears up and I might get a week of bloody nasal discharge, then it might be a couple of days where I am extremely tired.
    Like you vdub I don,t know whether this is always caused by Wegs or sometimes age related
    Brendan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    This is my opinion if you have joint or muscle pain, it appears to me that it is abnormal. There is a underlying reason if you have joint or muscle pain..is the joint pain/muscle ache a side effects to a medicaiton? Medications like the ones that lower your cholesterol can cause muscle pain. Or do you have an additonal autoimmune disease...like RA, or joint pain from osteoarthritis, or a WG mini flare. It depends where the pain is located is it all over or one spot like the shoulders? Sometimes pain can come from a spinal cord ( arthiritis or degenerative disc disease ( wear and tear as we age)...ect. I am always trying to figure things out, my Rheumy told me last time that Im a very good analizer. Probably what she is saying really is that I am a pain in her butt!
    I like that "mini wg flare". Of course I dont like that I have been in a mini wg flare for more than a year now.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Widthofacircle View Post
    I have similar experience. While I am generally well most of the time, I still experience a couple of days now and then when I get joint pains, that clears up and I might get a week of bloody nasal discharge, then it might be a couple of days where I am extremely tired.
    Like you vdub I don,t know whether this is always caused by Wegs or sometimes age related
    Brendan
    I don't think "bloody nasal discharge" can be related to old age. for most of us that is first sign of GPA. Mine was attributed to dry air and allergies for several years but went away after treatment for WEGS. It has only returned during my last flare.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12