Likes Likes:  0

Thread: cut lip will not heal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default cut lip will not heal.

Ok so I was wondering if any one has any ideas on helping a cut lip? Sounds like some thing small and it is but man its painfull. Two months ago I was in hosp and my lips got all dryed cracked and bleed. Well there's still a spot that has not heald and still bleeding its driving me nuts well I'm allready nuts lol. But you get the poiint I have tryed every thing I can think of. They never used to take this long to heal what's up? So any got any ideas?
    "My daughter is closer to me than my skin.. she is the arteries to my heart.. she is my life line.. The reason I breathe.."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pred slows down healing-- a lot. Have you tried aloe gel?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aloe. Bad balm.bees wax. Liq band aid and I can't even count the dif chapsticks.
    "My daughter is closer to me than my skin.. she is the arteries to my heart.. she is my life line.. The reason I breathe.."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember back in 2006 I had a cut lip and really dry lips that would not heal up. I tried many different things and then finally I tried aloe gel and it seemed to work a bit. I had to use it for several weeks but I think it is the aloe get that finally did the trick. I thought I was not drinking enough water or fluids but when I saw I was drinking at least 2 litres of water a day I knew that was not it. I was also using 2 humidifiers at night and eating lots of oily foods like fish and flax. But the thing that seemed to help was the aloe gel. I had totally forgot about this. I have so many different changing symptoms over the years that I forget some.........lol. I sure hope your lip heals up soon. I remember what mine was like and it was aweful to live with.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It might be a mild fungal or bacterial infection...especially if you are/have been immunosuppressed. You might try an over the counter antifungal (ie, topical clotrimazole, topical nystatin, fluconazole. The creams for vaginal candidiasis are effective for the lips), or a triple antibiotic preparation like bacitracin zinc/ neosporin ointment if the antifungal doesn't work.
    Mild oral fungal infections are common with immunosuppression Angular cheilitis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's. Funny I'm just getting over candidiasis in the mouth to the tummie I have three days of antis left.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What antifungal have you been on? it sounds like you have been on a systemic/oral med for the candidiasis (diflucan?) If the cut on your lip has not healed by the end of your medication course, you might try the antibacterial ointment. Plain petroleum jelly is better to lubricate your lips than menthol or carmex, etc...watch those added ingredients. Hope it gets better!