Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In memory of Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default In memory of Jack

I've changed my avatar to Jack's hero for the next week. I know that he will be with all of us forever, but I thought he could grace the pages of this forum in spirit/avatar for a little bit longer. My words will never be as wise and sagely as Jack's but I feel like he's left a little bit of himself in me. Change your avatar if you feel like he's done the same for you - if you wanna of course.

Love ya Jack!

I'm adding this to the top just in case it gets lost down below, where the idea was hatched.... here's a place to put our comments about Jack and we can send something to his family and have something here for us to remember for always.

Our Friend Jack Survey
    Last edited by marta; 09-27-2011 at 09:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I chose this one, because I hope that's how Jack is feeling right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe I figured out how to do an avatar. I don't know what I was thinking, just to honor Jack.
    Maybe stay on the subject now that I look again. Maybe he can replace Putin.
    Last edited by renidrag; 09-27-2011 at 05:32 AM. Reason: additional input

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems a fitting tribute.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted to share a memory of Jack. A couple years ago he posted pictures of his rabbits--Amber and (I think) Bob. He loved them so much and spoke of them with such tenderness. This led to many of us sharing that we'd also had rabbits as pets at some point, which spawned a theory that rabbits must cause Wegs! It was hilarious, and it went on for quite some time. Andrew even made a Demon Bunny image for the site but it didn't survive the changeover to the new program. We'd all be posting long, funny comments and Jack would come in with one of his famous one-liners and crack us all up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many have posted memories and quotes of Jack. How about a complilation whereby anyone can submit one or more memories, quotes or advice from Jack. We put them all on one document and send them to his family and can of course keep a copy for ourselves. Outside of this forum few, if any, will know of how much help he provided so many others over the years. I am not sure what common "form" we would use to collect comments but it could be as simple as posting to a new thread used specifically for this purpose and then the comments could be cut and pasted into a word doc.

Just an idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrianR View Post
    Many have posted memories and quotes of Jack. How about a complilation whereby anyone can submit one or more memories, quotes or advice from Jack. We put them all on one document and send them to his family and can of course keep a copy for ourselves. Outside of this forum few, if any, will know of how much help he provided so many others over the years. I am not sure what common "form" we would use to collect comments but it could be as simple as posting to a new thread used specifically for this purpose and then the comments could be cut and pasted into a word doc.

Just an idea.
    You could easily do this with a Google Doc. I could set it up. I would just need email address (use a junk email address if you don't want to send your "real"one) and I can share the document with whoever wants to add to it or change anything. Let me know what you think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an idea of how to do this even easier - I will set it up right after I come home from the doctor's appointment I'm heading out to. Will have it within a few hours - Good one Brian. I like it. I'd also like to dedicate our book to Jack once it comes to reality. I was thinking about this last night. He was one of the first to send me his story and is always the first to extend a helping hand or word.... sooo....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here it is. You can put your comments into here and I will pull them out and put them together nicely. If you have any problems or other ideas let me know.

Our Friend Jack Survey

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast