Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanted to say Thanks to Sangye and this forum

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wanted to say Thanks to Sangye and this forum

A few months ago I was worried about my treatment. I was up to 100mg of prednisne a day and had gone through 9 months of cyclophosphamide infusions. I was about to sat Rituximab and was worried about it. I logged on and posted my questions and Sangye had mentioned that I should probably talk to someone like her Rheumy. Later that week I found out by talking to both my doctor and JOhn's Hopkins, that my doctor had been in contact with Dr. Seo (sp?) at John's Hopkins to be sure my treatment plan was a good one for me. I felt 10 times better. Before RTX I was on 100mg pred, two blood pressure meds, actos for blood sugar, various vitamins and water pills for the water retention. Not to mention Paxil to control the mood swings. Since then I have done the 4 treatments of RTX. Also I am currently on 10 mg a day of prednisone. We are currently discussing Imuran. WHile I am still a little worried to be off the prednisone, I can't wait to stop it either. But I wanted to thank both Sangye and this forum for being here when I needed to find out from people who actually knew what I was going through.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so happy to hear that things are going well, Keli. I know you must have been relieved to know that Dr Seo had advised your doctor. Makes me feel better, too. Boy, I understand the mixed feelings about being off pred. I do hope you can get off of it and that you maintain a long remission. Please keep us posted!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats why we love her.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL Thanks, Elephant. I love our group. A lot of people helped Keli-- everyone's support is what made the difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your are great Sangye Everyone will say the same Keli im glad your mind is at ease
    Diagnosed March 2001 ... WG Involvement - Ears . Sinus ( saddle nose) , eye ( blind Left )
    currently on 5 mg Pred , Myfortex 6x360mg/d , Fosamax 70mg .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sangye is our doctor on call. You really are amazing and have so much knowledge. And always available. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sangye, no one comes even close to you in knowledge and help, we all thank you for being there when we need it most. Thank you
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks you guys, but really-- the whole group dynamic is what does it. Whenever someone new comes on they are immediately welcomed by everyone and helped along with whatever they need. So many of you are not in the health professions and never even had medical issues before Wegs, but you've acquired incredible knowledge and share it freely. I'm in awe of that. I love everyone in this group. We're like threads that together make a beautiful tapestry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Thanks you guys, but really-- the whole group dynamic is what does it. Whenever someone new comes on they are immediately welcomed by everyone and helped along with whatever they need. So many of you are not in the health professions and never even had medical issues before Wegs, but you've acquired incredible knowledge and share it freely. I'm in awe of that. I love everyone in this group. We're like threads that together make a beautiful tapestry.
    Sangye,
    Poetically said.....everyone's input counts and helps, but in that light we give you credit as maybe the "needle" pulling us all together.
    Thank you for the time you put into this forum.
    Trudy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL Okay, okay I'll be the needle. Thanks, Trudy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast