Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The new member of our fam

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes i am blessed truly. i hope you have fam that are precious to you..
    "My daughter is closer to me than my skin.. she is the arteries to my heart.. she is my life line.. The reason I breathe.."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I have my parents and brothers and a sister. I am truly blessed as well.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats good to hear.. lol OMGOSH i just relized we are im en on like three of my threads lol
    "My daughter is closer to me than my skin.. she is the arteries to my heart.. she is my life line.. The reason I breathe.."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When we were first married and in college, we somehow inherited 3 cats. We named them MAC, SAC, and TAC (we're very pro-military). Things went downhill from the first day we got them as I discovered I was terribly allergic to cats. I can walk into someone's house and within about 10 minutes tell you if they have cats in the house. Allergies are really an uncomfortable nuisance.

When I was a kid on the farm, my older brother and I rescued an abandoned baby skunk and nursed her back to health. We named her "kitty" and whenever people came out to the farm we would yell "here kitty, kitty" and this skunk would come around the corner of the house. We never did have her "de-skunked", but she never sprayed anything. Eventually, she moved on and had a couple litters of her own. She would bring them around the house and she always remembered us. After about 7 years she suddenly stopped coming around -- she probably died. Pic of kitty is below.. (sorry for the poor quality photo)

kitty.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vdub, that is one of the sweetest stories I have ever heard. Thanks so much fro sharing it. I will think differently of skunks from now on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Below is another one of our rescues.

About 3 years ago we had our RV in Deming, NM at a really large RV park. Shortly after we arrived and set up, I was walking around and real cute little shelty started walking with me. He was one of the most well-behaved dogs I'd ever met. He always walked on my right side, when I stopped, he stopped and sat down, if we passed another dog that was yapping, he would just ignore it.

I asked around for who owned the dog, but I couldn't fine anyone and several people said the dog had just showed up. No one knew where it came from or who he belonged too. I left him on his own hoping he would wonder on home, but every time I went outside, he would come running (actually, he ran to anyone that was outside).

About 8 o'clock that evening, I gave him some water -- he was really thirsty. I figured he was hungry too, but I didn't have any dog food. Finally, I whipped up some maple flavored instant oatmeal. He loved it, so I gave him a couple bowls of it.

Later when it got dark, the coyotes began to circle and there was little hope he would survive the night. I figured I would probably infest our RV with fleas, but I let him in anyway. He laid on the floor below the tv and quietly stayed there all night.

The next morning a neighbor asked what had happened to the dog and expressed some interest in adopting him. They took him to the vet, got him scanned for a microchip (none found), got him all his shots, and groomed. He was a neat little dog and I'm sure he's doing real well. Pic below...

buddy.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edmond looks just like my cat, Chester. I'm a cat nut so always enjoy pics of cats, and your beautiful daughter is nice to see, as well.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading your skunk story, vdub, I wanted to insert a pic of a mother cat nursing a litter of baby skunks. But whatever I did didn't work. Oh, I'm going to try again.... there, I did it!

.skunks.jpg
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexciasmom View Post
    yes i am blessed truly. i hope you have fam that are precious to you..
    En

Enjoy your daughter while you can, and do remember the good times you had when she gets to be a teenager! The good news is the terrible teens do not last forever (it just seems like that), when they are over hopefully you will have a daughter and a good friend. It worked with one of my daughters.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dryhill View Post
    En

Enjoy your daughter while you can, and do remember the good times you had when she gets to be a teenager! The good news is the terrible teens do not last forever (it just seems like that), when they are over hopefully you will have a daughter and a good friend. It worked with one of my daughters.
    Jim
    It also worked with both of my daughters and it is so wonderful to have daughters again. I AM GOING TO BE A GREAT GRANDMA ANY DAY NOW. I am soooooooooooooooooooo excited I can't stand myself. This is my oldest grandson's first child (Dominic) they know that she is a girl and have named her Gianna Katalaya. I"m saving all my spoons for this event.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast