Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Social Security Disability Question

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Social Security Disability Question

A few months ago John applied for SSDI. Last month we had an appt with our local office and hand delivered ALL of his medical records/reports/test and even a personal letter from his dr stating that he had organ damage (listed for each organ) and that he was unable to work and couldn't life a normal healthy lifestyle at this time (Also noted the loss of weight)

So we go to today. We received a Temporay Password Request Code (in a letter) and was advised to go online and set up a perm. password for his account. No where in this letter did it state "APPROVED/DENIED".

Online we were able to log into his information and it showed our bank name/account and all of his information. Still no where did it state Approved/Denied. When we clicked on the "payment" tab it showed a monthly amount (What he qualified for but not the amount he would get for the kids) and it showed that his checks were to be deposited on the 3rd Wednesday of each month.

My question is...if it shows this information does that mean he was approved? I'm so confused and at this point I HAVE NO PATIENCE ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO FINANCIAL ISSUES!

Ugh..Any advice (from anyone who has dealt with this OR knows about this) would be great!

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suggest you call your local Social Security office. They can look it up very quickly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I applied and was approved but I also had an advocate working for me. If they have that setup for you I would think you should be getting direct deposit on the 28th. They may also have retroactivated it. Call the office and also look for an "award letter" in the mail, that will explain it all. I am interested to know if you supplied them with your banking information or if they just "had" it. I did not and was surprised they did not even ask for it. Also remember if John is approved that two years from there (US Govt) date of disability he is eligible for Medicare or Medicaid, one of them.
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie78 View Post
    So we go to today. We received a Temporay Password Request Code (in a letter) and was advised to go online and set up a perm. password for his account. No where in this letter did it state "APPROVED/DENIED".

Online we were able to log into his information and it showed our bank name/account and all of his information. Still no where did it state Approved/Denied. When we clicked on the "payment" tab it showed a monthly amount (What he qualified for but not the amount he would get for the kids) and it showed that his checks were to be deposited on the 3rd Wednesday of each month.
    Hi Stephanie

As of May 1, 2011 all new people receiving benefits have to receive them electronically. They were having too many checks stolen. Since they supplied you with a deposite date, I would believe that the award went though. You might log back on and look at the top of the page for something like "awarded to", which is the term they use. My husband has received his for a few years so we get paper, but everyone has to switch by March 1, 2013. My daughter received her own check, but she was over 16(old enough to cash one). I would suggest as Sangye said to call SS. They have always been more than willing to answer my questions. Since it seems it went through right away, you should receive payment from the date you applied. I just noticed you received a letter with Temporary Password Request Code. Does that paper mention "awarded"? Also their site has a link to check your Application Status https://secure.ssa.gov/apps6z/IAPS/applicationStatus
    Hope something here is helpful.

I am so happy to hear John is doing better. My prayers are with you and your family.
    Trudy