Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Medication

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Medication

My daughter has had her eyes red for the past year. After seeing four eye doctors and all of them telling me she had nothing.(which I knew they were wrong I year of read eyes has to be something. Well today's eye doctor specializes in Auto immune disorders effecting the eyes. He is going to do a biopsy of inside of her eyelid because he found scar tissue under her eyelid. And is also confirmed my thought Chronic Episcleritis due to he immune disorder. He wants to put her on Methotrexate (low dosage) please let me know the side effects Im reading the internet but can't find much. Im so upset right now her Rheumy kept telling me Episcleritis was not related to vasculitis . Last time we got into an agrument bcse he told me to stop talking about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maria garcia View Post
    My daughter has had her eyes red for the past year. After seeing four eye doctors and all of them telling me she had nothing.(which I knew they were wrong I year of read eyes has to be something. Well today's eye doctor specializes in Auto immune disorders effecting the eyes. He is going to do a biopsy of inside of her eyelid because he found scar tissue under her eyelid. And is also confirmed my thought Chronic Episcleritis due to he immune disorder. He wants to put her on Methotrexate (low dosage) please let me know the side effects Im reading the internet but can't find much. Im so upset right now her Rheumy kept telling me Episcleritis was not related to vasculitis . Last time we got into an agrument bcse he told me to stop talking about it.
    An optometrist (not a medical doctor) told me my scleritis could be related to an autoimmune disorder like lupus although half the time it just happened for other reasons. He did treat it successfully. A month later I was finally diagnosed with WEGS so feel it was definitely one of my many symptoms.
    Last edited by drz; 09-23-2011 at 09:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Methotrexate is a better tolerated drug than cytoxan and low dose is a good start for your daughter. I spent the first year and a half of my illness in pain and knowing that it was wegeners-i had read the doctors notes after a strange bout of pneumonia and he had ordered the canca test and it was midly positive so they ignored it. I did not see this doctor again for 2 years so as i was shuffled around from doctor to doctor i just assumed they would figure it out like he did. They did not. I was afraid of getting the same reaction from the doctors you got so long story short I suffered unnessasairly for almost 2 years because I heard that doctors dont like you to tell them what you may have.

It finaly got so bad I blurted it out to a very kind female doctor that this doctor had done some test for anca or something. she listened and tested again.

my point is what do you care if they get mad at you for asking. your daughter needs a presistant mother.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also had very red, painful eyes prior to diagnosis and treatment.....needed to wear sunglasses because the light and sun hurt them.
    I was told it was either uveitis or scleritis and was possibly due to an autoimmune disorder.

I started pred four days before starting MTX and my eyes cleared up by day ive, so I'm not sure which med helped it ....maybe one, maybe both.

As for the MTX, I am currently on 15mg and have not had any trouble
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    An optometrist (not a medical doctor) told me my scleritis could be related to an autoimmune disorder like lupus although half the time it just happened for other reasons. He did treat it successfully. A month later I was finally diagnosed with WEGS so feel it was definitely one of my many symptoms.
    HOw did he treat your eye condition?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My eye work burn and get red. The doctors thought allergie and then dry eye. went to so many eye docs. I was on restasis for dry eyes and it worked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He wants to put her on Methotrexate (low dosage) please let me know the side effects
    The side effects of mtx will be different for everyone. For me, I had no problems at low dosages (15mg/week). When they nearly doubled it to 25mg, I had some issues. I can't really say how I felt, because it was mixture of a lot of things; joint and muscle pain, nausea, light headed, slightly blurred vision.... Basically, I just felt crappy. I wanted to be left alone and I wasn't at all sociable for about 4 days out of the week. I really, really didn't want to be around anyone. 15mg or below -- no problems.....