Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: your opinion?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexciasmom View Post
    o hey any one else having trubble sleeping? And what have you found out that helps? (Plese eexcuse the spelling between the drugs messing with me and numb fingers its some times a pain to type.
    If you are taking prednisone trouble sleeping is standard complaint. Try to nap when you can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had severe insomia when i was taking high dose of prednisone. I took naps and looked forward to them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We look OK, so we are OK.
    Yeap! I have a sister-in-law who is convinced that "because I look ok", then I "must be ok" and she tells people that the disease I have is "no big deal".

As for the answer when I am asked how I'm doing, I usually say "good days and bad days, but no worries". If they want to know more then I tell them....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

o joy and o joy. we had a bday bbq for my papa inlaw and my handicapped nephew asked my if my face hurt when its gets swoled and red like that. o my i laugh and cryed all in one... the joys of pred i gess.. lol
    "My daughter is closer to me than my skin.. she is the arteries to my heart.. she is my life line.. The reason I breathe.."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find some people are geniune and then others really don't care. Some others put on an act that they care but really don't. For example. A friend of mine recently sent me an e-mail saying quit reading into everything so much, you are driving me crazy, and can't imagine how you treat your docs. Well, I soon set him straight and said: when you ask about my day and how I feel and everything about my diseases, etc, are you really interested or are you just bullshitting me? He said he really does care but though I am reading into things too much. I asked what he meant by that and he said I worry too much. I said it is hard not to worry when you have Wegs, no hearing, and deadly lung infection, and many other things to deal with. I felt like punching him.

I have some other friends and family that are just great and want to know how I am doing what is going on week to week.

Then there are others that say all I need is to go out and find a job.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, you have some good friends and family and that is all you need. The other don't matter, just got to keep moving forward.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123