Thread: Coughing up 'plugs'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Coughing up 'plugs'

Hi

I've been coughing up green plugs from my trachea for a while, and unless I can cough and move these plugs, my breathing becomes very tight. Does anyone else get this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had this before as well. Maybe ask your doc?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will do when I see rheum on thursday. I suppose it must be fleghm or something stuck on the narrowing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think mine was all sinus drainage...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a cold in may and got this. I attributed it to drainage as well, but that might be wrong. Definitely scary when you cant get air though.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going through this right now and had it back in 2006 as well. Both times I was not flaring. Both times the throat was very dry. But this time I still have that darn lung infection and am coughing up stuff from my lungs as well. All the stuff I cough up is very hard chunks. But back in 2006 it would have been all post nasal and drying up in my larynx and blocking the airway.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the lung infection was cleared up and you were off antibiotics. No?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am off the antibiotics and all the sputum samples since October of last year have been coming back negative under culture. But I am still coughing up lots of mucus. And the fact remains that this bacteria in the lungs is extremely hard to cure. The cure rate is less than 1% in a healthy person. And being that I have damage to the lungs from Wegs and immuno suppressed most of the time it makes it that much harder. So in nutshell I may never be rid of this infection.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has been happening to me for the last three, four months. Otherwise, I feel great. But I cough and until I can get that chunk out, I feel and sound pretty wheezy. I'm supposedly in remission and my labs support that - just this one thing. (and I did have a chest CT a couple of weeks ago - pulmo wanted a baseline of what my lungs look like in remission and other than on 8mm nodule that has been there since my first CT, everything looks good.) I have an appointment with him in October.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have it 3 -4 times a day....but once i get it out the wheezing stops and I am ok...even with drinking 72 oz of h20 and a humidifer i still get them...i just chart it up to part of my new life....plugs and all
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast