Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: more sinus and legs hurting

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default more sinus and legs hurting

Well, I've been off the mtx for 3 weeks. Almost coinciding perfectly with the demise of the mtx has been a return of a running, dripping nose and the calves of my legs are huring in the evenings. Somewhat disturbing. Any thoughts? Is my 3 week remission over? History?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have it checked out. i actually flared during my cyclophosphamide IV infusions. I had had 4 cyclphosphamide infusions at monthly intervals when symptoms returned...constant running nose etc. it was spring in South Africa and the doctor at first thought it might be an allergy. I was 58 and had never suffered allergies before so she decided to do an ANCA test and was so surprised when it returned positive. It was positive before treatment and negative 3 months into treatment. I had another ANCA a few months later and it was again negative. Haven't had one since as i feel fairly confident that my body will let me know when I am flaring. Running nose and roving muscle and joint pain would have me giving my doctor a call!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta agree with Rose, I'd at least ask your doctor to confirm if it isn't a flare. It could be allergies of course, but better safe than sorry I'd say.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, I agree as well. If it is a flare, the sooner you get on it the easier it is to treat it. You might only need to go back on the last dose of mtx you were on. I know it's not great, but it's better than going through the whole treatment again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Rose,
    How do you get an ANCA test? Is this blood test?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manalolana View Post
    Hi Rose,
    How do you get an ANCA test? Is this blood test?
    Yes, it is usually done with one of regular blood draws for routine lab work. It does need to be sent to special lab though as not many labs are equipped to run this test. Thus it takes a little longer to get the results. Places like the Mayo Clinic or other vasculitis specialty centers can run this test in house.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd get it checked out vdub. I remember your fast taper because we started at the same time. I'm still on 7.5 mg for 4 more weeks then down to 5 mg until I get my nose surgery in December, hopefully.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jan will the docs keep you on 5mg when you have your surgery? Will the up the prednisone a little bit after surgery? Is the plan to get you completely off the prednisone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes Manalolana It is a blood test which looks for specific antibodies found in most people (not all) with active Wegener's . It is not diagnostic but does support a diagnosis and also is helpful to confirm a flare. You must google it as there is a lot of articles which can explain it better than I.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks all... Right arm is hurting today. Nose is still running....

For some reason I'm not getting notifications of messages posted to the forum. Gotta check into that.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast