Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just a means of Venting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trudy View Post
    Stephanie.....I so understand. I was too ill to travel to my brother's funeral and everyone was angry. I decided not getting sicker for my husband and kids was most important.

The other issue....I am sure John would love to be back working right now! My husband was injured at work and home for three very long painful years. He finally got to return and 3 weeks later severely broke his angle. He will be off for 6 more months. I know the anguish and frustration it causes him. I am amazed at how well you have dealt with your situation.

Venting is good! We are all here for you.

My husband broke his leg and was off for 2 years and then 3 weeks before he was set to return to work he broke his wrist and was off for 6 more months....coincidence.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stephanie,
    So sorry to hear about your mother in law, and sorry you have to deal with such inconsiderate and selfish family members. Vent anytime you need to, we have all been there, and I'm sure we have all had an ignorant family member or two to deal with in our time, we totally understand your frustration. Stupid people!
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, with all the good stuff that comes from family, there's also the bad. I remember when one relative told me that "it must be nice to stay home and not go into work", so I quickly repiled "well, why don't you just get what I've got, then you can stay at home too". She quickly realized what she'd said, and told me that that was not how she meant it, so I just stared and said nothing at her as she tried to explain herself away! I've learned that there are people who just don't understand what we have and my biggest issue was that I never looked sick, only when I had a really big moon face from the high doesage of Pred - but even that - people got used to it and thought I looked great. So some don't understand and some aren't worth explaining anything to. I've finally learned to just say, "no, I just won't be able to do that". Then as they try to convince me, I keep repeating "no, I won't be able to do that", until they stop talking. It's hard to say no, but you have to do it and then maintain a sense of sanity by not worrying about what they're thinking and feeling because they obviously have given no thought towards you.

Hang in there Stephanie, focus on John and those that give you support - they're the ones worth your time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leigh, who is colace?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colace is a stool softner. A big mushy poop is suppose to come out of you. :0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely don't need Colace then..........lol
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12