Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting plenty of vitamin D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Getting plenty of vitamin D

This is a completely useless thread but wanted to post a couple/few pics of my vitamin D infussion thanks to the wonderful Hawaiian sun. I don't want to jinx anything, but I'm feeling quite well and hopefully I've jumped the hurdle to the 'other side'. I'm weaning off the pred - was supposed to go down to 10mg on the first of September, but decided to hold off until I get home from our holiday - just to be safe

So the beaches here are wonderful, kid friendly and soooo very theraputic it's hard to express. The smells are intoxicating, especially for someone who couldn't smell for the longest time. The sound of the birds first thing in the morning is equally appreciated due to the lack of hearing not that long ago. I have tubes in my ears so I have to wear earplugs when I go in the water, but that's a small price to pay to see the wonders under the water.

Here are some pics that make me happy from our trip. I've been snap happy with the camera so it's hard to just pick a few, but here goes....P9070384.jpgP9040222.jpgP9070343.jpgP9070417.jpgP9070424.jpgP9060330.jpgP9070369.jpgP9060295.jpgP9070410.jpgP9070398.jpgP9040246.jpgP9030198.jpgP9040260.jpg

Thanks to you all for the support and help and love you've sent my way. I'm still working on the book, so keep'em coming.
    Last edited by marta; 09-09-2011 at 08:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love love love the last photo. Did I tell you how much I love that pic
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are great pics marta! I'm so glad that you're feeling well.
    ~ Chris ~
    (Female )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marta - I can tell by your wonderful post and pictures that you are feeling well and that is just great! Sounds like you had a fabulous and well deserved holiday. Thanks for sharing that and I hope you just see more and more improvement from now on!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta say the last pic is kodak perfect....

I too like HI. As soon as things settle down later this winter. I think we might head that way for a couple weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=vdub;46575]Gotta say the last pic is kodak perfect....

Thanks, I've got lots more, we were in Banff, Alberta at the Ink pots at the Johnson Canyon this past weekend. It was 6km hike with a 500m incline - just one way so a total of 12km and it took us 4 and a half hours. It nearly killed me, then I was sick not the next day but the next and now I'm back on my feet. The view was worth it. If anyone's on facebook, I've posted more pictures there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=gurinbasra;46576]
    Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    Gotta say the last pic is kodak perfect....

Thanks, I've got lots more, we were in Banff, Alberta at the Ink pots at the Johnson Canyon this past weekend. It was 6km hike with a 500m incline - just one way so a total of 12km and it took us 4 and a half hours. It nearly killed me, then I was sick not the next day but the next and now I'm back on my feet. The view was worth it. If anyone's on facebook, I've posted more pictures there.
    What is your FB name?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks y'all. I'm feeling quite lucky. I'm also scared that I might jinx it in some way withouth intending... I feel like this is such a lucky streak and as we all know those end abruptly, but I"m trying to make hay while the sun shines. Big hugs to you all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marta View Post
    Thanks y'all. I'm feeling quite lucky. I'm also scared that I might jinx it in some way withouth intending... I feel like this is such a lucky streak and as we all know those end abruptly, but I"m trying to make hay while the sun shines. Big hugs to you all.
    Make hay while you can indeed. We all have different ways of making hay though. I believe I can make more hay when I am sick in bed though.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marta, this was a well deserved holiday for all of you. The R and R in sun and sand will go a long way in recharging your batteries. Never feel guilty about feeling great. No worries about jinx.. Weggies do not have jinxes, we already have too much on our plates and jinxes just don't fit. BTW, who are tose beautiful bathing beauties
    Jolanta

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast