User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How Long Before You Began To Improve?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys! I love your creativity.

I have not been online for a few days and I come back with a smile that won't go away. Very good logo (album cover) If only our band could play as well.....
    Lisa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    You can actually attach images to your posts by clickin 'manage attachments' in the reply screen (you have to scroll down to see it).
    Ooo! I didn't know about that one. It saves all the PhotoBucket messing.

rockbunny.jpg

Doug Guest

On the other hand, I learned about Photobucket, a better option than keeping lots of phtotos, etc. on my computer. If you decide to release an image to the public, too, you can earn a little money in royalties. Just the ticket for a retiree, eh!? Haw! While attachments are a lot simpler than that, they can't be as much fun!

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by coffeelover View Post
    Hey guys! I love your creativity.

I have not been online for a few days and I come back with a smile that won't go away. Very good logo (album cover) If only our band could play as well.....
    Lisa
    ...or something other than that infernal heavy metal! The boys just don't have the bodies for it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, neither does this girl! My guitar lessons are of the classical nature. Quiet, nylon sgtrings, not plugged in......but I still like the album cover.

Today in honor of our "funny bunny" stories, I bought a rabbit dressed in a winter coat (only 30 degrees today in MN) and hung it from my car mirror.

He makes me smile each time I look in that mirror.

Doug Guest

Default If It Ain't "Baroque", Don't Fix It!

Yes, Boccherini wrote a real fandango for guitar!

I personally am a J.S. Bach fanatic for reasons that touch on one of two nixed topics. SDG, as he frequently signed off on his manuscripts, SDG. A little musician talk for you!

Time was I would go fishing, but I found the birds more interesting: they came around more frequently than fish, were pretty, and they sang, too. What follows is a birder (twitcher) story, no doubt more interesting to me than to you: Once, the first summer after I was diagnosed as a Weggie, i.e. six months later, June of 2004, I intended to clear out the previous year's litter from the hanging flower pots outside the kitchen window. But I hadn't the strength or ambition to do it. Never mind, a mourning dove pair started a nest. Hee, hee! "A nest", which for them is to stick two twigs together, then lay two eggs. I should laugh! They hatched! And there I was, proud uncle of two squabs. The squabs grew and become fledglings. "Aha!, now I can clean out the mess!" I thought. They laid two more eggs. And they hatched and grew into fledglings! I submitted: Two more eggs. Etc. Etc. "That's the spirit, Momma and Papa doves! That's the spirit! It took awhile, but I finally crawled on your wagon!"

Six babies total fledged from that nest in the hanging basket, their only protection from hawks and owls a few straws of last season's flowers and the vigilance of their parents. When the season ended, there was so much, umm, litter in the hanging basket that I, immuno-suppressed Weggie, was afraid to touch the darn thing! Ha! It took till the next summer for me to clean that particular hanging basket.

Am I in the right place?

Oh yes. The church in the avatar is the very one on the street in Paris (rue de la Montagne Ste. Genevieve) where a friend lives. The bells of that very church drove the Baroque court composer Marin Marais crazy enough to kiss a Hell Bunny. (Having done that already to obtain the court position, he thought better of doing it again.) He resolved the stress, this dissonance, in his life by writing a piece for viola da gamba that, well, makes you crazy enough to kiss a Hell Bunny. Coincidentally, in that church, my friend prayed for my recovery when it wasn't certain which side of the "90% live/10% die" divide I would fall. (And "marais" is French for "swamp", I believe, just to leave no threads untied. When your last name is Swamp, your first name probably translates as "Peat", or "Mud" or "Bog Lily", but French truly isn't my language!). When Marais died, from blood poisoning from an injury caused by bringing down his baton (or whatever the big walkingstick-looking thing they used to indicate tempo with in those days is called: la stick??!) on his foot, he spoke these last words :"Next time I kiss the blaggityblarmblit Bunny Rabbit From Hell!" Life wasn't easy in the 18th Century!

Now, you might say this was "fuer Elise". Or you might not: That was a bit over the top!
    Last edited by Doug; 04-07-2009 at 06:56 PM. Reason: fine tuning

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doug -
    I think your medication needs adjusting!

Doug Guest

Thumbs up Jerry Lewis Turned His Afflication Into A Career....

Jack- When I was in that "90% live/10% die" stage, in University Hospital, Denver, trending toward the 90%, but closer to the 10%, I had a phone call from Nebraska. "The thing your father and I love about you is your quirky sense of humor," my mother said to me. I'm afraid the medication isn't at fault! Of six themes in the entry above, five are dead true, just livened up for my amusement.
    Last edited by Doug; 04-07-2009 at 07:01 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234