User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Long Before You Began To Improve?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lisa, you're such an inspiration to me! You're helping me to reconnect to a spirit of optimism and hopefulness I haven't had since early on.

I look back and see it was the blood clots that just did me in--physically and emotionally. They happened within days of getting diagnosed and starting treatment. I was barely coming to terms with the Wegs and the drugs I'd have to take, and it just put me over the top to be even weaker, more damaged, have more dietary restrictions, and have to wear full-length rubber compression stockings through an entire sweltering summer while on high-dose pred. And it's not like it ended there--repeat clots, and lots of vein damage/ swelling in my legs has kept me from walking.

I'm starting aquatics physical therapy soon--that should make a big difference in getting stronger. Gravity just ain't working.

Anyway, thank you, and thank you to everyone for showing me what life can be like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coffeelover View Post
    I am enjoying this relaxing form of learning and I am slowly getting better just like with the WG.
    LIsa
    Sorry in advance for the totally off-topic post but....

That's great news, Lisa. I think I'd like to learn an instrument. I could play the piano and clarinet when I was in school and to a lesser extent, the saxaphone (Homer Simpson: 'Saxomofone'). Perhaps we can expect to see 'Lisa and the Weggies' or perhaps 'The Vasculitis Players' at a venue near you?

Hey!!! I reckon 'Cytoxan' would be a great name for a heavy metal band. What do you think?

Sorry
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Doug Guest

Don't know, Andrew. Heavy metal has been implicated as one possibility for development of Wegs. "Cytoxan and the Bunny Rabbits from Hell". (just add a guitar to the "New Posts" bunny)
    Last edited by Doug; 04-05-2009 at 12:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This just made me bust out laughing. I almost spit my oatmeal onto my monitor. Jack-- all of you-- you are hysterical.

Doug Guest

Thanks, Jack, meet the band in my garage in 30 minutes! They want to thank you for the cracking new logo!
    Last edited by Doug; 04-05-2009 at 04:46 AM.

Doug Guest

p.s. I created a T-shirt/bumper sticker design for the new band, but I'm not clever enough on the computer yet to post it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To post pictures in the Forum, you first need to upload them to an image hosting service such as Photobucket.
    The photo will then be given a web address that you can paste into the Insert Image box at the top of the Reply page (the icon is a picture of some mountains).

This should probably all be posted in a different section. I think we've hijacked the thread!

Doug Guest

Exclamation Ooops! Where is our fearless WeBmeister when we need him?

So true Jack! I opened a new thread called, of course, CYTOXIN And The Bunny Rabbits From Hell Band for all of these misplaced bunny rabbit entries. I confess to loving them- BR'S-, and feel they have given new hope to researchers asking that perennial question, "What exactly do these Weggies have in common that might lead us to a cure for weggieitis??"

Sorry, Andrew! I know we will have to behave better in future, especially since you are policing people from at least five time zones around the world, and those of us on Prednizone, not to mention those of us not on Prednizone, seem to relate BRs to some spiritually realized state of mind: "Yes, I do talk with bunny rabbits. They have a lot more to say than my African violets, and they are a lot less stressful than people.....!"
    Last edited by Doug; 04-06-2009 at 12:06 PM. Reason: typos corrected; grammatical errors corrected

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

HAhahaha..you guys are hilarious. LOVE the new bunny guitar logo.

You can actually attach images to your posts by clickin 'manage attachments' in the reply screen (you have to scroll down to see it).
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast