Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The How of Happiness!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont feel sad. Once and a while I entertain the idea of running away forever but never seriously.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trudy View Post
    Your avatar brings me joy everytime I see it. I can't help but chuckle, yet I really feel like that little green being!
    I feel pressure to never change him now. Good thing he is cute
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leigh
    Maybe you are overthinking it. If I look at the overall picture..... (for me) my youngest is struggling with lupus, my husband is off work with a broken ankle, my doctor wants me to start treatment, etc......I am definitely depressed. Try little......wow the coffee smells good in the morning, my 20 month old grandson said please today, I rescued the rice just before it scorched. The little stuff keeps us going. Somedays it is hard to find, i admit. That is why this forum is so great. I can be joyful that someone else really gets how I feel. I have been on other forums (since I also have lupus), and there is not the help nor the wit that lives here. Even if you have to say this is a great day because I didn't stub my toe....then again with polyneuropathy I probably wouldn't know if I did!

Although I would miss the little green being when you get tired of it....you found it to brighten our day and I am sure you would find something just as clever. BTW does it have a name?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Leigh, this is slightly off topic but only slightly... I just saw your signature and it gave me goose bumps (or as Hana said it this morning boose gumps). I heard the song that you quote in your signature while driving my car to the city to see my doc a couple of months ago and I had never heard it before but as I was listening to the lyrics I found myself just weeping with joy because I felt like it was a sign being sent to me from whoever is in charge. I shazamed it with my phone and whenever I need a lift now I play it on my phone. I put that exact quote as my facebook status that night but only the near and dear got it. Thanks for reminding me of that moment when I felt connected with 'everything' and 'everything' was telling me that it'll all be OK.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

marta,that is how I feel about that song too.
    Trudy, I think It is the word joy Iam over thiking. Having said that, if I were to define my life id probaly use one word. "Existing"
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by delorisdoe View Post
    marta,that is how I feel about that song too.
    Trudy, I think It is the word joy Iam over thiking. Having said that, if I were to define my life id probaly use one word. "Existing"
    Yes, this I understand. I feel in limbo land waiting for "the better days" to start. It is hard when you can't do just normal things. I find myself weighing the result of a day of shopping with my girls...few hours shopping then 2 days of couch potato. "Existing" really defines it well! This is why we have to look for "little" joys as a constant state just is hard to get. BTW what is the song?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These posts just hit home for me too because you really do feel like you're just missing out on life for those days that you're home and in bed. I've come a long way with how much expectation I've put on myself - no one else but myself - on being who I was before, doing what I was before and the guilt of all those sick days where I call into work that I can't make it today. I've come to accept that this is how my life is and it's OK, it's really OK. Maybe, I'm not having too many bad days now - feeling great lately, but I still get those odd days when I feel like my body is fighting some cold or I'm just worn out because I've been doing "normal" stuff. Expectations and acceptance - these two I have been working on in order to keep my sanity and find happiness with the beast that shares my life.

Keep smiling everyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well put...My illness-and the treatment of it-affected my life negatively in ways I have not been able to correct to this day. I have many regrets-wrong word-that I try not to think about but the long term effects of this drug and disease have their say in it and dont allow me to forget completely.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for that Leigh. I loooove that song. It was our song when my sis and I went to Mexico for a girls vacation just before I got sick. It's my skiing, biking, running and get ready to go out for some dancing song. It gives me motivation and puts me in the right state of mind and when it gets going (you know the part) I can turn it up a notch - whatever I'm doing. Love it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast