Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Quick update on my roller coaster ride

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quick update on my roller coaster ride

Ok Went to Mayo on 8/22 and found out I may be one of the special ones who has to take Rtx and cytoxin per Dr Specks...was done by 3:30 then found out my youngest son was sent home from school with high fever...rushed home ane found him with a high fever and dehydrated...my husband was in charge of him at the time....he had a stomach ache and diarrhea in his sleep...went to see doc on 8/23 and he was admitted...cancelled my surgery til Sept 7th...Doc not happy but understood...My son had cryptosporium...and now I am in trouble for staying with him...it can be fatal in immunocompromised patients....he spent 4 days in the hospital and finally got to go back to school today....I explained to the doctor that i know how to wash my hands and wore gloves any time i had to help clean him up except at home...but i do wash my hands...we do not shere food or drink and my place was with my son....Doc said i was stubborn and that hell or high water would not keep me from my kids and that was a good thing...but I could not afford to get this...so far i am clear...i go for preop labs on 9/2 then surgery to remove my suspcious cancerious ovary on the 7th...they are also checking my bladder and suppose to send tissue samples to Mayo that look like inflammation....from my endometrim, ovary or bladder...lucky me...Dr Specks is waitng on results before he decides what to do rtx and ctx wise.....my Doc here has calmed down a little....I love his concern and williness to do whatever Mayo says but there is no way i wa leaving my son...and in the grand screm of things only God knows when our number is up...
    my husband does not deal well with illness and especially not a child so unfornately he ignored the advise given by the nurse who picked him up from daycare for me and did not give him gatoraide or motrin....but my son also goes 90 to nothing before you know he is sick and can fake well to get out of going to the doctor pretty well...mmmm wonder where he get that from...praising God he is well and back at school......will this roller coaster ride ever end...ughh
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, it's good they were able to dx your son quickly. If I were in your shoes I would have stayed with him, too. I'm sure you'll be fine and not get sick with it.

Too bad about the rtx and ctx combo, but at least you have something you can take. Hopefully it'll get you off the rollercoaster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear you have to do the CTX and RTX together. I hope it does get everything under control for you quickly.

I hope your son feels better soon too.
    ~ Bob