Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irene

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hurricane Irene

Many of us are in the path of Hurricane Irene. I hope everyone will be protected. Please check in here in the coming days to let us know you're okay. I'll do the same.

Also, if you're on prednisone or have been on it in the last year you should have some extra to take as an emergency dose. That's because if you have an acute shock (accident, hurricane evacuation, etc...) your adrenals can go into Acute Adrenal Crisis, and you'll need to take more prednisone within 24 hrs or you can die. Dr Seo told me they double the usual dose in emergencies. Please check with your own doctor to see how much you should take in that situation, and make sure you have enough on hand.

Stay safe, everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking of you all ,please stay safe .DEEx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More stuff:
    -- Make sure your emergency kits contains face masks and hand sanitizer.

-- Make sure you can carry any emergency supplies (food, first aid kits, etc) in case you're alone and have to evacuate.

There are numerous nuclear plants in the path of this hurricane. So even if you don't have to evacuate for the hurricane, you should be prepared to evacuate for other reasons.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sitting here waiting for it. Have cleared the deck and tied anything down we could. I am afraid I will lose my tomato plants and am trying to convince Deb we should bring the pot in the house just before Irene hits. Still waiting for final direction of storm. All you NC folks take care, I know you've been down this road before too. Thanks for the tips Sangye. oops, my tomatoes are in pots!
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did not know about your adrenals going into acute shock. Thanks Sangye for the update.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renidrag View Post
    Sitting here waiting for it. Have cleared the deck and tied anything down we could. I am afraid I will lose my tomato plants and am trying to convince Deb we should bring the pot in the house just before Irene hits. Still waiting for final direction of storm. All you NC folks take care, I know you've been down this road before too. Thanks for the tips Sangye. oops, my tomatoes are in pots!
    Dale
    ROTFL I have to admit I paused and reread that at first!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renidrag View Post
    Dale

lol, we had a HUGE storm the other night and the winds were unbelievable. My husband stood at the patio door very upset over his potted tomato plants. I got minute by minute updates on the ups and downs of his precious babies
    Last edited by delorisdoe; 08-28-2011 at 04:59 AM. Reason: tomatoe no e
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You folks on the East coast be safe!
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some relatives on East coast have big parties planned for Irene. Some are taking in friends that have to evacuate their homes, some are evacuating and going to friends. They say some coastal islands like Long Beach Island and others are evacuated. I guess Atlantic City is closing down too so you know this is a big one with damage expected to be horrendous. Hope everyone can stay safe and dry. Post when you can cause it might get difficult when the power goes down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    Some relatives on East coast have big parties planned for Irene. Some are taking in friends that have to evacuate their homes, some are evacuating and going to friends. They say some coastal islands like Long Beach Island and others are evacuated. I guess Atlantic City is closing down too so you know this is a big one with damage expected to be horrendous. Hope everyone can stay safe and dry. Post when you can cause it might get difficult when the power goes down.
    I heard the LBI bridge is closed. And up near me they're expecting to shut down the Cape Cod bridges and possibly bring the Plymouth MA nuke plant off-line. They waived all highway tolls in MA tomorrow and I heard power company trucks are queuing in Wal-Mart parking lots.

Good luck and stay safe east coasters!
    Vasculitis Foundation medical consultants provide advice by telephone or e-mail to physicians who treat patients with Vasculitis.
    If you don’t have a Wegener’s doctor, please click the link and contact one or Sangye will be very upset! http://www.vasculitisfoundation.org/node/44

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast