Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "White" Iodine Fights Infections & Flu Shot Question

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Never had a flu shot

My Dr. keeps telling me I should have a flu shot, but I've never had one and even working around kids at an elementary school havn't had the flu since being diagnosed in 2007. I just don't feel comfortable having something new put into my body if I don't need it. Does that make sense?
    I still get a few sniffles off and on through the school year, luckily not serious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Flu shot-- no way.

Dr Seo monitors my Vitamin D level monthly and I make sure to keep it in range. Vitamin D is proven to prevent the flu and minimize the severity if you do get it. I also take other nutrients that support the immune system without boosting it.
    Sangye- Do you take vitamin D3 or vitamin D on a daily basis? I take a total of 1200 units of Calcium plus 800 units of vitamin D3 on a daily basis.

How many units of vitamin D3 would you suggest to take to prevent getting the flu? Also, what nutrients do you take to support your immune system? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need to get the Vitamin D level tested to know how deficient you are. Then use a good quality D3 supplement. OTC brands are awful. They usually don't contain anywhere near what they claim to, and they're in a form that is poorly absorbed. That leaves you with very little D! I need 2,000 IUs a day to keep my D in range. I use a D supplement from Xymogen.

I don't use OTC supplements. I use supplements that are only available through healthcare professionals and are batch-tested for nutrient dose and safety. You can buy some of them online but I don't recommend that. It's as important to have a holistic doctor advising you on supplements as it is to have a medical doctor advising you on pharmaceuticals. Many people go to a health food store for advice on supplements. That's insane.

General supplements I take: multivitamin, fish oil, antioxidants, black currant seed oil, multimineral, vitamin D, calcium, B vitamins. (I'm on 2 diuretics so I take extra B vitamins in addition to the multivitamin. B's are water-soluble so they're flushed out.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12