Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wedding Bells!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wedding Bells!

Its been a while since I updated but as you might guess from the title of this thread, there is a lot else going on in my world, and has been since early February!
    Its T-7 as I write this post. A week from now my daughter will be married, and for me, it will be a dream come true.About 3 months ago I was afraid that I wouldnt be 'up for the big day' and especially walking my beautiful girl down the aisle; now, thanks to the wonderful team of Doctors at Addenbrookes, I am now looking forward with excitement and anticipation.
    Things took a turn for the worse 3 months ago, when I kept having splitting head aches and just felt run down. A MRI scan showed the Wegs as moving into the sac like area between the skull and the brain (plenty of room in my case!) It felt like a 6 inch nail was being driven up my left nostril and thru my eye into the left temple.
    I was admitted into hospital and had a double infussion of Alemtuzumub. There was another Weggie opposite me on the ward who also had Diabetes to complicate things. I did feel as if he had more going on with his illness than me. We had a good chat and I was amazed at his story.
    5 weeks after the infussion and I was still on the roller coaster, but after 3 follow up visits, I am delighted to say that I feel like I did before I fell ill. The good days are now starting to outnumber the bad ones to an ever increasing degree. I saw Dr Jayne on friday and he said I could start to taper my steroids down from 15mg. Yes we all know its the acid test.
    We have had a great day today as my daughter has been for a final fitting of her dress (I await with baited breath to see her on the day - apparently its a real show stopper!) I have been busting a gut in the garden sorting out all those jobs which should have been done weeks ago. There was always that excuse that I felt dog rough and too tired, but everyone can now see that I am full of energy and ready to rock!
    Only thing left for me to worry about now is the weather!! We have had some crazy stuff of late, flash floods, little sun etc, I have prepared for the worse (bought a dozen brollies) and am hoping for the best!
    Now must go and finish off my "Father of the Bride" speech; any suggestions?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations! But what are brollies?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's all so wonderful to hear, Geoff!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is an umbrella

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's fantastic news Geoff. I'm glad things have finally settled down just in time for the wedding.
    I'm sure the day will be absolutely wonderful and the rotten weather will stay away so the sun will shine all it's love down on your daughter's big day.

Don't over do it in the garden and also good luck with the taper.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news on all fronts Geoff! Walking your daughter down the aisle - wow! I've been pondering how that might feel since I read this post of yours. I have a few decades to find out for myself ad now you've got me thinking about it!

All the best to the whole family and, rain or shine, it will be a marvelous day!!

Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now must go and finish off my "Father of the Bride" speech; any suggestions?! [/QUOTE]

Hi Geoff, my daughter got married on the 30thAug 2007, the year we had all the bad floods in yorkshire, it was also when I had just started to become ill .but not yet dxt. The most important thing to my daughter was not the weather but if you have not already guessed it was her dad walking her down the aisle .He cant stand for long as he has spine trouble and so the vicar
    arranged a chair for him close to my daughter.
    Regards the speech ,he made me worry as right upto the day before .my daughter had given a list of things he could talk about and all he kept saying was it would be alright.
    The day came still no sight of speech. BUT when the time came out came the paper, my daughter and I looked at each other.
    He tore the paper and spoke as he said from his heart ,there was not a dry eye in the room.
    But it does not really matter what you say YOUR HER DAD. hope you have a great day .
    ps it was windy but it did not rain
    Last edited by DEE; 08-22-2011 at 02:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's wonderful news Geoff! I'm so happy that you're healthy enough to enjoy all of it!
    ~ Chris ~
    (Female )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awesome news Geoff! Congratulations!
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh ***!!! just seen the forcast for the weekend, thunder storms coming our way from Northern France!!??**

Thanks for all the well wishes guys, now one big collective thought of positive rays and send those storms packing!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast