Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Bells!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her dress is gorgeous and so is your country.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this exact moment I am in Maui with Marta and Hana and (...pause...pause...pause...ahhhh!) lifting a glass to you, your daughter, her new husband and your family. Very best wishes from us all and congratulations Geoff! Marta says she has been thinking of you and expect a message from her (of course).

Cheeeeers! (here I go again, tilting my glass).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for your loving comments. I am witness to the Wegs statement "You look well...someone told me you were ill?" I have been on pred continously for 3 years since DX (the lowest doseage I have reached is 5mg) I have gained 42lbs of weight but being 6ft 4ins I tend to "carry it off" reasonably well. Everytime I taper I "crash", highlighting the defficiencies of my maintenance drugs. I am very hopefull that this new drug infussion (about 10 weeks ago) has put me on a better path and a chance of coming off pred alltogether! Now decided to hang onto the brollies as the heavens have opened and heavy rain is upon us. The weather is never dull here in the UK!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geoff, Thanks for putting the photos up - they are lovely ! You can see the happiness in every picture. Good health and best wishes to them both. It's a bleak cold, windy and wet day here but starting the day looking at your post has given me a warm glow - thanks for that!

Hope you get off that pred very soon.

Fran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Fran,
    We were in your part of the county last week as we had booked 3 nights away near Cromer. Donkey rides on the beach and a very bracing walk on the pier!!
    Onto Blakeney Quay, Wells-Next-The Sea and then Gt Walsingham, all in all a beautiful part of England.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations!
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Geoff, Glad you liked your break in Norfolk - we moved here about 18 years ago from the midlands. Wouldn't like your chances on the pier today - extremely windy and wild here ( we are abt 15 minutes drive from Cromer). I have never been to Essex but have seen some beautiful places there on the tv, and the village where your daughter was married looks lovely, very old and quaint.

Hope that poor little donkey has recovered lol !!

Best wishes, Fran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Thank you all for your loving comments. I am witness to the Wegs statement "You look well...someone told me you were ill?" I have been on pred continously for 3 years since DX (the lowest doseage I have reached is 5mg) I have gained 42lbs of weight but being 6ft 4ins I tend to "carry it off" reasonably well. Everytime I taper I "crash", highlighting the defficiencies of my maintenance drugs. I am very hopefull that this new drug infussion (about 10 weeks ago) has put me on a better path and a chance of coming off pred alltogether!
    What I meant was that you don't have the usual pred look-- double chin, rounded shoulders, round torso, etc... It's not just a weight-gain issue. Pred actually changes one's shape and creates a Cushing's appearance. I'm glad it didn't happen to you! It's miserable. Even if I'd gained this much weight before I wouldn't have looked like this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pictures are gorgeous Geoff, i know how proud you were to walk her down the aisle and the love is beaming from everyone. So glad the weather stayed nice for you all, nothing like blighty weather!!

2 Brollies for a tenner you say?? lol.

I hope they chose somewhere warmer for their honeymoon!!
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geoff, the pics look awesome and you, Linda, and the 'kids' look amazing, happy, glowing and full of joy. I'm thrilled for you and the fam. I know how much planning went into this day, and now it's done and a new life begins. So, you coming to Jasper? We'll be home after the 15th and would love to have you guys. Brian just read me the message you sent him - are you on Facebook, I have tons of them there, otherwise I'll post a few on here in a 'useless thread' I'll start. Big hugs to you from sunny Maui.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast