Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I got pregnant quite quickly after Ritixan. No problems whatsoever X

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats really positive to hear Gwenllian, do you mind me asking how long after the Rituxan? A year seems long...especially as I am not gettin' any younger!
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before I started Cytoxan, I was offered Rituxan because it is not known to cause any problems with fertility. I don't know what the waiting time if for RTX, but for CTX it is 2 years drug free.

Gwenllian, you also have had Cytoxan before, and had healthy pregnacies, correct? You are an inspiriation to all of us who still want kids that Wegs doesn't have to stop you from living your life how you want to
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got pregnant about 3 months post ritix infusion. Had lots of cyclo before that too, but as soon as my periods came back it was fine. GOOD LUCK!!! XX

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I asked my doc about getting pregnant - she wants me healthy for 2 solid years. She would be concerned if I were to have a flare during pregnancy - what meds they could use on me and be safe for the baby...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest Brooke, I don't know if any Wegs meds are safe for the baby. When I spoke with my docs about it pre Cytoxan, they said that I would be monitored very closely, and my pregnancy would be considered "high risk".

There was an article posted here a while back about a growing trend of women who are diagnosed with cancer (in this case breast cancer) while pregnant, and decided to undergo aggressive chemo during their pregnancy. I'll try and find it to repost. But I don't understand how it is possible...but I'm not a doctor, so who am I to judge
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't find the original article I read, but I found this one. It is something to ask your doctor about...

Pregnant with cancer - CNN.com
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nicole, I posted the article originally if that helps your search. The one you posted seems to have the same info, though. I think it really reflects how far apart medical and holistic doctors can be. I mean it's one thing for a doctor to say "We have no other choice but to do chemo during your pregnancy" and it's another to say "It's really not that toxic." For Pete's sake!

I'm not saying whether a woman should or shouldn't go through treatment, but I am really upset that MDs would downplay the risks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering about contraceptives whilst on the medications we are on.

Are there any interactions with say, the pill/ morning after pill and the medications we take?
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For what it's worth, I was told that the pill was fine (and thus far has been for me). I was required to have "proof" of birth control prior to starting mtx because of the risk of harm to the fetus and accidental pregnancy is something that is mentioned often by rheumy and ENT, both because of my age (accidental pregnancy being quite common in the mid-40s age group) and because any pregnancy decision a WG patient makes should really be in consultation with her doctors.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast