1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats the second time its done that, I typed in the full http: version and then the above just keeps coming up!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read this article as well, its what makes me think that the infection theories may have some merrit, and agree with the genetic predisposition. Add environmental factors, and there you have it.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great research study. Thanks for posting this. The research is promising even though it does not provide any answers yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks drz, hope you are keeping well.
    Daddy had chronic sinusits for almost ten years, no ear or eye complaints, nose bleeds, coughing up blood, rash, kidney or lung complaints just the sinusitis itself. I find it hard to believe that he could have had w.g. all that time without any other symptoms. Somewhere along the line the sinusitis turned into w.g. and something triggered it, maybe the body constantly fighting a staph infection that had been festering for years was the turning point and the wegs set in. I hope they continue to research this aspect of things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could be that your dad did have very mild involvement of Wegs for many years. Some people do and then something makes it go into full-fledged disease.

I think the infection theory may apply to some people, but I didn't have any signs of infection prior to Wegs. I have a hypothesis that Weggies with a lot of sinus involvement might have Wegs that was triggered by infection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder though, if maybe we dont remember infections that could have started it all. I know I myself let myself get very sick before I seek treatment. I think back to how when my daughter was walking but still in a crib I had strep throat, she was still in a crib when I had my first big flare. That is as much detail as I can remember. if I had not remembered her being in a crib and standing up crying wanting me to lift her out when I couldnt I dont think I would remember the infection and my first flare. Both times I did not have the strength to lift her out. I really suck at making sense. lol. jumbled up is how I roll.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rarely got sick before Wegs and didn't have anything complicated. I only got colds every 5-6 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what you mean Delorisdoe about remembering when you had the infection that you think yourself changed things and could have been the start of it all. Daddy always said it was Christmas 2000 when he had his. He had never had a sinus infection in his life before and there was a flu epidemic in the U.K. and Ireland at the time. Whatever infection or flu he caught that year lingered and he suffered with sinusitis from then on. That was when it all began for him.
    It is strange Sangye how different people are affected, the symptoms can vary so much from person to person. I wish there was more knowledge amongst local doctors about w.g. Maybe when someone goes in with sinusitis that doesn't clear up that they would be more aware of the fact that it may not be due to a cold and pass it off as just a minor complaint and really consider that it can be linked to diseases such as w.g. There just isn't enough knowledge about the disease out there!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345