Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wondering

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i've just received an e-mail from Rabbits Against Wegs CARRiers and OTher Strange beliefs (RAW CARROTS for short).their spokes person,a mister bright eyes,states there is no scientific evidence to support the theory being put forward on this forum that cute little furry bunnies are to blame for our malaise.he also states that unless we desist from publicising this slanderous theory RAW CARROTS will sue our collective asses off.
    john.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't you just see the headlines? "Raw Carrots Sue Weggies." Everyone would think there was a typo--that innocent vegetables were being legally persecuted by a carrot minority.

You've got me rolling with laughter, John.

Doug Guest

Default wascally wabbits

Just let you know this defamation isn't going to stop any time soon, please check my new avatar.....!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There have been many a rabbit that have made the famous list...let's name them...
    Peter Rabbit
    Bugs Bunny
    Easter Bunny

Hmmmm I am at a loss can anyone help me out?
    My first rabbit was named Freckles and my second was named Bugs. both were fine companions, and I too loved to kiss them on the nose.
    My next one (ha ha!) should be called WG just for "kicks" Bunny kicks that is.
    Now that it is so close to Easter and real and Chocolate rabbits could be lurking everywhere......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Googling "famous rabbits" produced this list. I know, I cheated. I was supposed to use the two brain cells I have left to think of names. But I am weak, and Google is strong.

My rabbits were named Cadbury and Dandelion.

Thanks for the heads up about Chocolate rabbits. I'm sure my rheumy just forgot to warn me the other day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh dear - I didnt mean to come across as the un-funny one. Perhaps my last post was a bit dead-pan and I apologise for that. I just didn't want people googling "Wegner's causes" and our postings to be found to be suggesting rabbits are a leading cause.
    I do have a sense of humour, honestly!
    Don't forget Roger Rabbit!
    What about dust bunnies, you gotta watch out for those as they hide under sofas and on skirting boards. Then they'll appear when your mother comes to visit so she has an excuse to say your housework sucks.

Sorry again if I killed the mood, I just love my animals and wouldn't the finger pointed at them as being responsible for the weirdness we're all experiencing.

PS: My bunnies names have been Cosmo, Bucky, Domino and our current one is Barley.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, I don't think you killed the mood at all. (On the contrary, I think we've all beefed up our jokes-- no offense to cows) Wegs has knocked my funny bone out of alignment more than a few times. I knew you'd be back.

Doug Guest

Default pretty dull

Humor is one soldier in the fight for life. I bet each of us realizes how much being able to laugh got us through some of the tougher times with this disease. In that spirit, I change my avatar- again- from Frankinbunny scaring little child to, well, whatever this is!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I wonder why too

I have a couple of theories why I got this disease
    My sister and I both visited my parents who had an old dog with sores on it's feet which we decided needed to be put down. A couple of weeks later BOTH her and I - we live about 600kms apart - had massive lesions. The doctors never worked out what hers were - she didn't develop Wegs but I did. Did we catch the same virus we wonder, but our immune systems reacted differently. My rheumatologist was intrigued by this story and he has the photos of her lesions.
    At the time I was stressed mentally with about 4 issues in my life. I had been thinking about having some counselling. After I got this disease I read a controversial book I had had on my shelf for years and not read - that you choose the disease that suits you. Very thought provoking. I have learnt many lessons since being sick. I have developed a number of affirmations to retrain my thoughts.
    My health has has it's ups and downs but always I get over things - my doc commented on this - you always seem to be able to spring back from any medical problem- I say it's always because I work at it. I've have never been a person to get colds, only had the flu twice BUT I had dreadful sinus for about a year before Wegs. Did it cause Wegs or was it a symptom I wonder. I eat very healthily - except for a little bit of chocolate and despite what other Weggies say on this site I have continued to have a few wines each week - going out, entertaining at home etc and having a wine has been very important to my mental health. I have a large veggie patch - never use sprays and really work at making the soil healthy - with lots of green things to eat. I buy very few veggies over summer and make lots of preserves. I played tennis, did aquarobics, and generally did lots of things such as camping, boating, walking etc as part of my retirement. I'm back doing most things now except the tennis.
    This dicussion as to WHY is interesting. thanks everyone.

Doug Guest

Default "...doesn't that guy ever run out of things to say????"

Intriguing! In a year in which I caught "the worst case of Herpes zoster I've ever seen" (per my GP, who's practiced roughly 30 years or so- it covered the right side of my face, nearly to my eye, under my cheek, down onto my shoulder); was hospitalized five times in three states for a total hospital time of five weeks; started to lose teeth (!) on the lower right side of my mouth for no reason I understood after nearly sixty years of never having to have dental work (other than cleaning!); was disagnosed by oral surgeons at Denver Health as being only the 39th or 40th instance of a person in the history of dental records (!) as having mandibular osteonecrosis; had to have removed by surgery "more than 50% the thickness of your mandible" (my oral surgeon); had so much post herpetic neuralgia I would scream in pain (had a crisis of faith, feared driving any distance for fear I'd be caught in traffic, screaming at the top of my lungs, in pain); saw an ENT, who passed me onto another ENT from Omaha, who gave me miserable news ("The best I can do is restore your hearing to 50%-60% in your right ear, but, because you have WG, it more likely would fail. The only other thing I can do is a cochlear implant, but even that probably won't give you much improvement."); who failed to contact me for a follow-up appointment the next time he came; followed by the physiatrist, who, blessed angel from heaven!, put me on Gabapentin and Tramadol to ease the post herpetic neuralgia. and more; all my primary doctor for WG, my pulmonologist could say was, "With you, it's one thing after another!"

Is the cup half full or half empty? Well, the ENT painted the inside of my right ear with gentian purple. I went to the Internet to try to find some medical purpose for gentian purple. I couldn't find anything to support it, so came to think that was to deter me from sticking my finger in it! Haw! I'm deaf, essentially, in the right ear.

I have a neat, jagged scar across my right cheek, my lip will require surgery to straighten out, but together they give me a pirate look that nearly justifies buying a parrot to balance my face. (Arrrrr, Polly, ye gots yer sea legs yet!) Half full, that's my cup! Call me Lucky! (Andrew- that alludes to a joke that goes around offices in the USA, and, I bet, other parts of the English speaking world: A poster with a missing dog: "He has three legs, is neutered, is blind in one eye, and is missing one ear. He goes by the name "Lucky"). What does this have to do with the previous posting: we Weggies all seem to have to deal with one thing after another.

I have an intense relationship with my pulmonolgist. I can talk with him about anything relating to my health. He tends to be the second opinion doctor I go to. I asked him once if I should think of any health issues post-WG onset as related to WG. He agreed that that was a safe bet, that while Herpes zoster isn't WG, the stresses of having WG and taking lots of immunosuppresant pills, for example, can make one more vulnerable to infection. Also, at the time I was under going Herpes zoster, I was in severe stress from three places. Also, I'm not obsessive about it, but I have become more careful about washing my hands when touching surfaces where people with colds are, for example.

p.s. Retiring on January 31, 2009, took care of lots of the stress!
    Last edited by Doug; 03-21-2009 at 01:16 PM.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast