Likes Likes:  0

Thread: swellings

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default swellings

I get these weird swellings on the back of my hand and now a new one below my elbow. They are always associated with pain. Wegener's dr says that it is not related to the disaese. ? Possibly related to meds?
    Anyone else get these? I call them bumps. I have tried to take pictures of the but they don't capture. Debating wether to call primary.
    Thanks
    Stikker

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would hesitate before deciding that they are not associated with Wegener's, I find that it is best to assume that things like this are connected unless proved otherwise. Remember that even the experts on the subject have not come across all the symptoms and many do not appear in the publications either. The problems reported by members of this forum often seem to be common here and not even mentioned anywhere else.

When I first had Wegener's symptoms, I had lots of assorted skin problems. It is a long time ago now, but I do seem to remember lumps being one of them. I think they appeared in the area of my joints, but were not caused by the joint itself swelling up.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly! They are near joints but not in the joint. I also forgot to mention I am determined to get off pred. I am down to 2 and it will take more than these bumps to make me go back up!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, but it is sounding a bit Wegener's related and the sooner you act the easier it will be to deal with if this is the case. If you need more Pred, then that's just the way it has to be.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have areas of thickening over a few finger joints that correlate with Wegs activity. They aren't super noticeable and actually just resemble mild callouses. They don't cause any problems. I might have even had them before my first Wegs symptoms, as I have a memory of them and thought they were callouses.

Many AI diseases can cause lumps and bumps, including Wegs. If you're not having other symptoms it might be one of those symptoms that isn't a big deal to live with. I don't really know for sure, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave up. I added 1 mg(total 3 mg). I'll have to go slower. I was moving at a good pace. It was too good to be true.
    stikker

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should probably stay at 3mg for longer than you think to let your adrenals recover. Then you can restart the taper. That was Dr Seo's advice to me when I tapered too quickly.