Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Blood Pressure and Fast Heart Rate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default High Blood Pressure and Fast Heart Rate

Has anyone here had issues with high blood pressure and fast pulse from WG or Pred? My heart rate is typically in pre-hypertension range and my resting pulse rate is typically anywhere between the high 80s and 110s...but it doesn't take much to send it up into the 120 - 130s. My GP has me on 50mg of Cozaar and 240mg of Verapamil. However, it doesn't seem to be helping (except my kidney numbers are improving...but that might just be from the WG meds). But my blood pressure is still the same and so is my heart rate. I'm wondering what sort of experiences people have with both blood pressure and these meds.
    Last edited by norcalian; 08-06-2011 at 04:14 AM. Reason: I got the dosages wrong

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When on higher doses of pred I get in insomnia. I wake up with my heart racing (I'm sure the racing heart has something to do me waking up!). Overall, I don't think I've had high blood pressure.
    Vasculitis Foundation medical consultants provide advice by telephone or e-mail to physicians who treat patients with Vasculitis.
    If you don’t have a Wegener’s doctor, please click the link and contact one or Sangye will be very upset! http://www.vasculitisfoundation.org/node/44

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the same thing Gary when on higher doses of pred.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

4. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, same here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same here, I will add that I thought many a time that my heart would jump out of my chest
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My heart rate and blood pressure are very low now compared to what they used to be. But I do get occasional racing/pounding of my heart. I've kinda chalked it up to the Prednisone.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still raise my heart rate 30-50 % when I exert myself at all like walking up 10 steps or putting on my shoes but my resting heart rate has finally returned to my previous normal levels as I tapered my meds down.. i am also on two meds for blood pressure and have to monitor it so I don't go too low. I hold one or two of meds when BP gets under 110 or 100.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in remission from 9/2007 but the WG left some effects on me like kidney and I must be on meds to treat high heart bits and blood pressure it is not stable and my heart rate if I exert myself
    I have another situation that I hear the sound of my heart biting and the air flowing with my breath from inside my head

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Norcalian,

I just noticed your thread...
    I've had SOB and High BP since being diagnosed in 2007.
    I wentto a Pulmonary Spec,did all the breathing tests,all normal
    Then this year after extensive stomach surgery,3 days after discharge I was back in the Hosp. with SOB,140 standing.so after being observed for a few days I was put on Atenolol 50 mg 1 daily and that has done the trick.(I also saw a cardiologist and many heart tests and all are normal.So both DRs conclude that SOB is caused by Wegeners.

Hope that helps
    Aunnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Aunnie
    I had also test my lungs and heart like you and all tests were OK it seems that is as you said related of WG consequences we have to live with that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast