Likes Likes:  0
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Random Thoughts / Random Status Updates

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too. I keep forgetting that I changed mine, and when I post something it surprises me and makes me smile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am computer illiterate, I will never forget Jack. There will never be another Jack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For always, everytime I will see Leonard Cohen I will think of Jack.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have Jack to thank for helping clear my nose these past few days......I know that sounds wrong but let me explain.

I was extremely sad about Jack's passing but I did not cry. Jack has written many times about his thoughts on death and although
    I miss seeing Jack's replies to posts, I know that he will now be without pain and suffering and he was ready.

What did bring me to tears (and lots of them) was the overwhelming compassion for the loss of this man that all of YOU have shared on
    many threads these past few days.

This then brings me to my cleared nose .......the crying has made it run (and run) and therefore, even though it is running ... it is better than being blocked.

Thankyou all for sharing your memories with all of us and thankyou Jack ...again.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

rif Guest

Even tho I have never joined in on the forum I have regularly read the daily postings. When I saw that Jack had passed away it felt like losing an old friend. He appeared invincible, took whatever life threw at him and came out fighting. His advice and information given to many members went some way to calming my fears and keeping me sane when my son was dx with WG in March 2009 and almost died The staff in ICU allowed me to take several CD's in to play by his bedside even tho he was sedated and on a breathing machine to allow his lungs to heal, the CD that was always played the most was by Leonard Cohen. I have just listened to this CD again and have been close to tears thinking of what may have been and also of Jack and all his family and friends as this difficult time. Sorry this posting is a bit long but it is the first time I have felt able to put it into words.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michelle-- I'm also so touched by how much Jack was loved. I wonder if he knew. I hope so.

rif-- Your post is wonderful just as it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had a hard week in which my heart has become heavier with the knowledge of parents that lost a young man who's the same age as my daughter, of a family member watching a mother dying of breast cancer, of a good friend struggling to help her husband with stage 4 of pancreatic cancer, of a relative that's just had chemo for breast cancer but she refuses to sit at home. I've been watching these people struggle, so I took my meds this morning, plugged in my hearing aids and struggled with my stuff a lot easier knowing that at least I saw the sunrise today!

Missing Jack's posts already.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renidrag View Post
    Looks like we are all up early today, didn't sleep much last night. Thinking of Jack.
    Dale
    Glad to hear I wasn't the only one. I wonder if he knows how much we mourn his passing. It always amazed me and impressed me that, although he sounded very frail from his description of his limitations, he was able to present such a pleasant and positive impression in his posts and to respond in a punctual manner to any message. You knew he was really "sick" when he stopped posting. It is strange to see everyone's avatar looking like Jack. I bet he would get a kick out that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Jack for your great wit, wisdom and support.
    May you find peace after much suffering.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This morning it occurred to me that it was probably a blessing that Jack had the lung cancer scare a few weeks back, because it sort of prepared us for losing him. Even so, I still can't get my mind around the fact that he's gone.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast