Likes Likes:  0
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: Post Your Random Thoughts / Random Status Updates

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Al, when you're executing your bucket list let me know and you have a place to stay. I'll even take you around and show you the hidden jems people don't know about.

Hammy, first of all love the costume on your avatar. Love it - you and Jasper rock the house. Second, I'm sorry to hear about the situation. I am at 9mg of pred now and am feeling kinda off - but it's so subtle compared to the onslaught we're all accustomed to, so I'm ignoring it. I'm not sure if it's leftovers from the colds that have come into our house (Hana's in kindergarten now so it's petri dish land) or is it my pred wean, or is it something smouldering underneath.... That's the hardest things of all. The not knowing. I'm so not into going back up on the pred or the hardcore chemo. I can totally relate to what you're talking about. Hope it turns out to be nothing of major concern in your case. All the best from the other side of the pond.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marta View Post
    Al, when you're executing your bucket list let me know and you have a place to stay. I'll even take you around and show you the hidden jems people don't know about.
    Thanks, Marta. I'll keep you advised! Sorry we didn't get further north when visiting Lake Louise. Er, not so sure though, about using "executing" and "bucket list" in the same sentence around an um, old codger in my condition....

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMG_0016.jpgIMG_0218.jpgIMG_0151.jpgMarta maybe i can get my hubby to go back country sking in Jasper this winter and we can comisarate. But for now here are some of my Hawaii pictures, just to show that from my heaviest weight couple of years ago I am finaly getting ahead with my weight loss, yeepee. Just look what a defference from the cheetah picture in 2009. The little chicks kept comming over for leftover crumbs,
    IMG_0215.jpgIMG_0041.jpg
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

me and cheetah.jpgHere is the cheetah picture. So if I can do it enyone can. (well, I must fess up that in the las couple of days my appetite has grown again ugh)
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still on 3g pred and 7,5 mtx. I will try to completely go off the pred.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those pictures are great, Jolanta. You've really come a long way-- congratulations!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhhh, Hawaii. I have to say that my second week in Hawaii this September, was the first time since getting sick that I felt like a normal person. There is something very magical about that place. My doc also said there is a great friend of hers who is a very excellent rheumy who lives on Maui, my favourite place outside of Jasper - she told me today that if I move there, she can reffer me to her... ha ha ha. I'm not moving there, but I will definitely go back there soon. The feeling of normal is worth a billion bucks.

Jola, you look awesome you hot babe you! Love the pictures. And YES, come to Jasper. There is some great backcountry skiing here, and if not, there's always Marmot Basin. My playground.

Al, sorry about the use of those two togehter.... you're funny. You're a tough old cookie, and like I said to you on my blog today, if 50 is the new 30, then you do the math.... there's lots of living left to do my friend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marta View Post
    ...You're a tough old cookie....
    "Tough old cookie...?" You make me sound like a Grampa, Marta. (Well, technically, I could be, but....) Just for that, I may have to pay a visit and perform some volunteer tasks along those lines for young, brilliant, and now famous Hana. I wear shin guards.

Hawaii is, indeed, very nice, though the best places are, in my opinion, off the tourist routes. Alas, I no longer have an easy excuse to go there. My sister's family lived on a couple of islands for 35 years or so. But they have since moved to the mainland. Dang (I mean, nice that they are closer; still...).

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am trying ladies. Hawaii or more precisely Kauai, was heavenly, and you are right Marta, there is something in the air, my step was a lot lighter there than here. I just got my flu shot since there seems to be many people getting sick. It's been 3 days and feeling fine. My taste is getting better but the smell is still off. Can't get over these funny smells from regular perfumes and funky tastes from food I am getting. Must be some type of chemical, peptide? that is overwhelming my senses.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hawaii is nice. My sister has 2 places there.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast