Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foot Neuropathy / Comfortable Shoes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Foot Neuropathy / Comfortable Shoes

Is there such a thing? I haven't started looking, but it might take a specialty store.
    Right now, I'm still wearing my athletic shoes and my $1 flip-flops. Can't do it much longer.
    Can you comment? I'll check back tomorrow.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If no one here has an idea, ask a physical therapist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBEY32 View Post
    Is there such a thing? I haven't started looking, but it might take a specialty store.
    Right now, I'm still wearing my athletic shoes and my $1 flip-flops. Can't do it much longer.
    Can you comment? I'll check back tomorrow.

David
    I have had neuropathy for years. I get shoes that are custom made with foam insoles that I change every three months. I also found cheap Crocs to be the most comfortable footwear and they seem to reduce the numbness too. I think they are widely available. Mine were $20 and $40.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been lurking here and haven't posted, but I have to jump in and recommend Yoga Sandals. You can find them with a search on the web. They separate all the toes, improving circulation and balance and are also good for people developing bunions. They take a little getting used to but they have helped me be a lot more comfortable, and I also have the foot neuropathy problem. There are different styles; get the ones with the most padding around the separators.

Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had neuropathy of both feet since alsmost the beginnig, that is 2006. Not much has changed and for a long time all I could wear was men's shoes, I have(, had) - size 10 womens. Just these past few months I can wear some wide flats. All shoes have custom made inserts which help my left flat foot ( I had a dropped foot syndrome in 2006 for 6 months) or thinner arch support inserts for the flats. Finding good shoes is hard, finding good fitting nice looking shoes is next to impossible since now I require 11W to fit the inserts and feel comfortable
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the podiatrist the other day they had some "diabetic" sandles on display by the check in desk. I didn't actually think to correlate that with your message here, but that might help? They looked super well padded and comfortable, but were done up in such a way that they still looked pretty stylish.

This gets me thinking, I work for DSW Shoe Warehouse, and they are always looking for ways to give back to the public. Do you guys think some sort of selection of shoes for people with foot issues like we experience could be of value? Admittedly, I'm in IT so my pull with something like that is pretty light. But I could see people with our issues, as well as other issues could actually be served by having some more stylish options.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jola57 View Post
    I have had neuropathy of both feet since alsmost the beginnig, that is 2006. Not much has changed and for a long time all I could wear was men's shoes, I have(, had) - size 10 womens. Just these past few months I can wear some wide flats. All shoes have custom made inserts which help my left flat foot ( I had a dropped foot syndrome in 2006 for 6 months) or thinner arch support inserts for the flats. Finding good shoes is hard, finding good fitting nice looking shoes is next to impossible since now I require 11W to fit the inserts and feel comfortable
    Can you get an order for some custom shoes? It takes a couple weeks to get them but most insurance plans in USA pay for them if you need them (one pair a year).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob, diagnosis of Type II diabetes is skyrocketing in America. Since it can cause neuropathy, I imagine DSW could make a lot of money by offering specialty shoes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uggh boots have been wonderful for me here in Australia. They are genuine lambskin lined - beware of fakes made out of synthetic. The lambskin is very soft and easy on feet but you get into bad habits slothing around in them in the house. My husband is having chemo and he very quickly learned that they are wonderful. My freind who had breast cancer said that most of the caner girls bought either uggh bbots or proper lambskin moccassins with a decent sole on them. The mocassions cost about $40 here in australia.
    I'm very aware now to always choose a thick sole on my shoes. Have you tried "Nerve Support formula" sold in USA. I import it into Australia. I take it for a couple of months then get sick of my urine smelling strong so go off it for awhile. I think it has helped. regards Carol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same applies to all shoes/boots, I must be able to fit the inserts otherwise my left foot just simply overflows the instep. Fitting the inserts is next to impossible because they raise my foot and I can't get it into a boot or shoe. I can have them custom made, but they still look like men's or granny shoes.
    Jolanta

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast