Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fatigue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mmmmmmyeah. I keep saying yes to things when I should be saying no and consequently burn myself out. I've been concious of this these last several weeks and I think I've managed well so far.

I have leave due in late October so I'm looking forward to doing n-o-t-h-i-n-g
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andrew, I feel like my fatigue transcends sleep. In other words, I can't get relief from sleep. It will take some serious down time and healing for me to get to the point where I don't crave a nap in the middle of the day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I hear you :-)

I've noticed though, that what I eat has a direct relationship to how I feel. I haven't noticed this until I got sick.

I'm eating more and more free range/organic stuff these days and when I stick to it, I feel great. Even when I stick to 'normal' good food I'm fine. As soon as I deviate and go for the junk, that's when I crash. It's almost immediate. Totally bizarre and not something I've experienced before. I've really got to pay attention to what I'm eating these days.

So, I guess I'm asking how's your diet? Changing it around might help with how you feel. Granted, it might not get you on Dancing With the Stars but any improvement is an improvement :-)
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I try to stick to free range/organic as much as possible. I avoid sugar, grains, starches - anything that will give me a blood sugar spike. My nutritionist wants me to give up dairy, but I still have cream in my coffee in the morning. I have been getting some blended mocha drinks from a local coffee place that I probably should stop because I just don't know what is in it. I have an autoimmune disease of the thyroid (Hashimoto's), fibromyalgia, and a third un-named autoimmune disease where my immune system attacks itself. Anyway, the way I eat is supposed to help all of those things - the operative word here being "supposed". Because of the the Hashimoto's, I can't have soy products unless it's fermented (soy sauce).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I finally got around to sending this to a few family and friends... and the response was amazing! Even my husband, who I thought pretty much understood how I felt, gained insight from it and has become more understanding (if that's possible!) since reading it. It has really helped with people not expecting me to do quite as much or be out of the house so often too. I would encourage all of you to send it out to anyone who doesn't seem to understand your bout with WG as well as anyone close to you, even those who seem to "get it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12