Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Decreasing pred again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

15 mg is what she has told me previously. I'm hoping she'll be okay with me going off it next April (1 year from rtx treatment).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How soon do you go to 15mg?
    ~ Chris ~
    (Female )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably after my next blood work comes back good. I'm thinking of putting it off for a week since I had a flu shot yesterday, and don't want that to interfere with any of my counts. OTOH, I want to know which way I'm headed ASAP. I need to do some research and see if I can find out how long the flu shot may elevate the body's immune response....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't see the flu shot at all affecting the markers they look for with wg, like ESR, CRP, and ANCA. Maybe white count, and neutrophils, etc. but not the major wg markers.

Good luck on getting it reduced soon!!!! I just know you'll feel better @ 15mg!
    ~ Chris ~
    (Female )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like your answer, Chris! I've done some Googling today as well, and can't find any reason to delay my lab work. In fact, if I waited another week, it would be T-giving week, and I would be unlikely to hear back from my doc as quickly. So, next week it is!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=ScreaminMeanie;48795]My doc says that with any luck I should not have to do rtx again. *fingers crossed on that one* QUOTE]

That's great news! I think we did rtx at the same time. My doc says he wants me to do it again so for now anyway it looks like I will go again next May, one year after the first time. I am on 20 mtx and 5 pred. Right now all my numbers are good, my next labs are in December.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I certainly wouldn't mind doing it again if I needed to, as long as I still have insurance. The hospital has really good food! LOL

I'm on 20mg mtx, 0 pred, and am going in for labs on Monday (since I have the day off anyway).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345