User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Freaky's back from Addenbrooke's and...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey all.

Feeling a little outta control tonight. Its easy to blame to steroids but i had moods swings i couldnt control and unfortunately my boyfriend got the brunt of it. It was a silly little squabble that just escalated as my mood flared. I feel so awful, even tho i did warn him what the steroids could do, he's still being amazing and telling me i'm not alone and he's there for me. Doesnt stop my guilt at bringing this on him. And hoping that i'm not at the top of another downhill spiral...i hate not feeling in control of my mind, i'll never control my body and i've accpeted that.

Guess its a good thing my counselling sessions have started this week and i'll have something to talk about next time. Hopefully i can get a handle on this before it gets too outta control.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freakyschizogirl View Post
    Hey all.

Feeling a little outta control tonight. Its easy to blame to steroids but i had moods swings i couldnt control and unfortunately my boyfriend got the brunt of it. It was a silly little squabble that just escalated as my mood flared. I feel so awful, even tho i did warn him what the steroids could do, he's still being amazing and telling me i'm not alone and he's there for me. Doesnt stop my guilt at bringing this on him. And hoping that i'm not at the top of another downhill spiral...i hate not feeling in control of my mind, i'll never control my body and i've accpeted that.

Guess its a good thing my counselling sessions have started this week and i'll have something to talk about next time. Hopefully i can get a handle on this before it gets too outta control.
    I am sure you will handle everything just fine. As for your boyfriend, just put a pint of beer and the TV remote in his hand and he'll be happy as a clam. And remember, men do not posess any sort of memory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrianR View Post
    I am sure you will handle everything just fine. As for your boyfriend, just put a pint of beer and the TV remote in his hand and he'll be happy as a clam. And remember, men do not posess any sort of memory.
    lol this made me laugh Brian! And i hope your right and he forgets this as soon as possible. He's still taking me to Addenbrookes this week for that second infusion, so i guess i better be ncie to him!
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG! Prednisone, no one should be held accountable for anything while on this drug. Did you get the full menu of side-effects? The docs spoon fed me the info on side-effects and something new would happen and I remember my nurse friend saying, 'oh that's the Prednisone'. After being on a 60 mg daily dose for a long time I think I just turned round all over. I am SO happy to hear you are being weened off. It's a day to certainly circle in red on your calendar and celebrate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    OMG! Prednisone, no one should be held accountable for anything while on this drug. Did you get the full menu of side-effects? The docs spoon fed me the info on side-effects and something new would happen and I remember my nurse friend saying, 'oh that's the Prednisone'. After being on a 60 mg daily dose for a long time I think I just turned round all over. I am SO happy to hear you are being weened off. It's a day to certainly circle in red on your calendar and celebrate.
    I keep learning about new side effects from the prednisone (Pregnantzone stupid pills) and unfortunately am gaining new insight into what Jack meant about prednisone wrecking his body. Like the doctors all say it is horrible stuff, BUT without it you would be dead now! There are mental health diagnoses you can get from prednisone but don't know if they will qualify you for either disability or "insanity defense" in court. I think it will work though with an understanding friend and we can give you a good reference if needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I keep learning about new side effects from the prednisone (Pregnantzone stupid pills) and unfortunately am gaining new insight into what Jack meant about prednisone wrecking his body. Like the doctors all say it is horrible stuff, BUT without it you would be dead now! There are mental health diagnoses you can get from prednisone but don't know if they will qualify you for either disability or "insanity defense" in court. I think it will work though with an understanding friend and we can give you a good reference if needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol thanks drz.

Still feeling like super bitch this morning.

Shannon, i am aware of the Pred side affects, doesnt help me feel any less horrible about biting my boyfriends head off. Though he was well and truely told before i had my infusion what pred could do...i dont think he was prepared for it! Bless him. He's gonna be getting a certificate and medal by the end of this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what you mean, Sam. It's really hard to bite my tongue when every cell in my body is telling me to get angry. Therapy has helped a lot, though. One of the best strategies I've developed is to just not say anything when I'm feeling pred-icated. I tell others that's what is going on, and to please not push me to talk, etc.... Hugs to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Sangye, i didnt even realise it was Pred induced until i'd calmed down.
    Told my boyfriend to google pred and its side effects so maybe he'll be able to spot it next time.

Feeling a bit better this evening (chocolate helped, lol.)

Infusion day tomorrow, wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sam, I had to go on Citralopram to help with the anger issues I was having on Prednisone. I was having uncontrollable anger outbursts. It was strange because I could see through the entire episode that I was being completely irrational but was incapable of stopping the actions.
    ~ Bob

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast