User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Freaky's back from Addenbrooke's and...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, Sam, it is great that you and Jim are Blake freaks. Hmmm....WG Dead Poets' Society....

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    By the way, Sam, it is great that you and Jim are Blake freaks. Hmmm....WG Dead Poets' Society....

Al
    I've actually just replied to this and didnt save it, damn! Over tired.

I like Blake cos he talks a lot of sense to me, plus he was an eccentric who didnt conform to the norm. Shame he wasnt really celebrate in his own time. At college i studied Songs of Innocence and Songs of Experience - well worth a read and very thought provoking stuff.

Thinking of getting the quote in my signature as a tattoo for my birthday in June as its something i have felt and can relate too. PLus i had my corset tattoo just after starting on the pred, would have a nice symmatery to it to finish my run with pred with another tattoo.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Sam my birthday is in June also ,the 10th, what about yrs ? I read somewhere it's not a good idea to get tats since we have a higher risk of getting Hep. C. I don't know if thats true or not.I like yr saying though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Debra, mines the 24th. and i'll be 27 .

I've kinda ignored the tattoo/ Hep c thing as i've had 2 tattoos since being diagnosed. As long as you go to a good tattooist and keep the wound clean while its healing everything should be ok. My tattoo artist has everything sterilised and uses a new needle every time. Little cups for the ink and so on. The wound is covered with cling film until it starts to heal and cleaned at least twice daily and put some bepanthen on it.

There isnt a great deal of evidence that you're at a higher risk of Hep C from tattoo's and there's also anecdotal evidence that having a tattoo could trigger an auto immune disease - but this hasnt been proven.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post

Al
    Al, I am not a freak, I'm just eccentric.

Quote Originally Posted by freakyschizogirl View Post
    Hi Debra, mines the 24th. and i'll be 27 .
    Sam, I am 25 for the third time. When I got to 40 I decided that I was not going to get any older, so the next birthday I was 39 again and then when I got down to 21 again I started going back up. It is great to confuse people by insisting I am really 25, they look at me and I just say I have lived a very hard life.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sam, I just read a report that--forget the tattoos and such--just being in your 20s makes the risk of Hep C higher. The report recommended everyone in that age group be tested. I can't vouch for the accuracy of the research (I'm a long way out of that demographic; I can identify a lot more with Songs of Experience!)--just passing it on.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dryhill View Post
    Al, I am not a freak, I'm just eccentric.
    Okay, I appreciate, and can identify with, off-centerdom.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jim, as always, you crack me up. My dad does the same thing, he's now 21.

Al, why does being in your 20's give you a higher risk of Hep C?

And i liked innocence and experience as i can identify with both!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Al, why does being in your 20's give you a higher risk of Hep C? And i liked innocence and experience as i can identify with both!
    Dunno, Sam. The story I read was a newspaper item, which was not too specific. The term they used was "millennials", which I took to mean those in their 20s. I have since looked for the original paper the story was based on. I haven't found it yet, though I did find several older stories recommending that all "baby-boomers" get tested for hep c. I'll keep you informed...!

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Al, why does being in your 20's give you a higher risk of Hep C?

!
    Lifestyle maybe????>???
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast