User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Freaky's back from Addenbrooke's and...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What exactly does PR3 count? And how is it relevant?
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

especially for someone like you who catches every strange infection that exists
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations, Sam! I hope this remission sticks for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PR3 is your C-ANCA Sam. It is very relevant. But maybe it is not a reliable marker for you. Gotta discuss this with your doc and look over past labs to see.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Sam , congrats on achieving remission but that was the easy bit - now loseing weight...................thats another story

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in the same boat Sam, I was in remission then flared, in retrospect I don't think I was ever in remission the first time. I do think that next week when I go up they'll tell me I'm officially there, I feel better than I have in about 2 years. Good luck with the continued tapering. And I'm very happy for you
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy8241 View Post
    Well Sam , congrats on achieving remission but that was the easy bit - now loseing weight...................thats another story
    Thanks Hammy - i'm not so sure myself.

I'm really quite stubborn, if i lose weight i want it to be for me because i decided too - not because i've been told to by a doctor. And i'm not even interested in how much weight i lose i just wanna be healthier and fit into nicer clothes. When i feel comfortable in a certain dress size then i will think i have achieved something. I never will conform to a bmi chart, I've been fat all my life and dont expect that to change. If i did lose a hefty amount of weight it would leave me looking gaunt and i dont want that!

We'll see tho ay?

Thanks Bob, hoping we can share this experience together! Living in remission land is odd - not quite sure of the territory!
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

rif Guest

Hi Sam

Hope the funding comes through fairly soon so you can start the Ritux. Here in Derby there is no delay as Ritux has already been approved. The Renal Department who authorise the usage were already using it to treat several different AI dissorders and they were the ones who gave the go ahead for infusions when my son was initially diagnosed in March 2009. They also mentioned recently that the actual cost of the drug had actually gone down.

Rif

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rif when i researched it, the apparent cost to the NHS was £3000 for 2 infusions.

rif Guest

HI Sam

Think it is now slightly less according to Consultant, this may be due to becoming a drug of choice and being used on trials for WG usage.

Rif

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast