User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Freaky's back from Addenbrooke's and...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was never immunzided for MMR shots because back then the docs thought I had Rhuematoid arthritis. Since the Measles, Mumps and Rubella shot is a live One, anyone who is on immunosuppresant drugs cannot get the MMR vaccine. I was watching CNN a couple of weeks ago and they were saying that the CDC and other organizatons have seen increase in measle cases. That is concerning because it could kill you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my handy Rituximab leaflet it says and recommends you should still have your flu vaccination even after you've had the infusions.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freakyschizogirl View Post
    In my handy Rituximab leaflet it says and recommends you should still have your flu vaccination even after you've had the infusions.
    The leaflet is sadly mistaken........lol
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freakyschizogirl View Post
    In theory, since te flue shot is not a live-virus deal, it should be okay. This doesn't meant that many folks don't have adverse reactions. Be sure to report feeling even just a bit crummy.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think i will call Addenbrookes for a difinitive answer tomorrow - just to be sure. But thanks for all your info guys.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was advised to get the flu injection even though I was told they are uncertain if it does much good given our poor immune system. They said they still think the chances are better it will help you than harm you, but more research on this question seems to be underway I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    I was advised to get the flu injection even though I was told they are uncertain if it does much good given our poor immune system. They said they still think the chances are better it will help you than harm you, but more research on this question seems to be underway I guess.
    My docs highly recommended that I get the flu shot. I did ask about the effectiveness while my immune system is supressed, and each person I asked said that while it may not offer me as much protection as it would a person with a normal immune system, some coverage is better than none. I have 2 school age boys who bring home germs by the truckload! I decided that I have to protect myself in any way possible. Worse, I'm having another round of rtx next month - going into the winter months with my immune system crippled, scares me!!
    ~ Chris ~
    (Female )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all

Not back from Adds but going back tomorrow (hope to see Geoff too)

When i go back i will find out if i am in remission thanks to the RTX. I'm so so nervous! What if i'm not? What if i am!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How exciting.

I hope it's fantastic news.
    Do you feel good?? Surely that would be a telltale sign.

My fingers are crossed for you
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck, I hope you get good news
    ~ Bob

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast