Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Genes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris, kudos to your son for doing so well!! Maybe ask his pediatrician to connect you with older kids who've had diabetes for awhile. (Or ask your own PCP for an adult patient). They might be able to give him tips and help him see that it won't continue to be such a major change. You'd have to give them your name and ask them to pass it on. I'm sure there are zillions of online support groups, too. But sometimes meeting someone in person has a bigger impact.

When I first went on coumadin they used the outdated guidelines of telling you to limit foods that are high in Vitamin K (most green stuff) and to eat exactly the same amounts every day. It was insanity. I was newly diagnosed and on high dose pred. Thankfully the new guidelines are for the patient to eat what they want and adjust the coumadin to them. Even so, I'm always aware of what I'm eating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im sorry to hear that, it will take a while for your son to adjust to his new diagnosis, along with checking his blood sugars and making sure he doesnt get low or high blood sugars. He will get there in time. You did not pass Diabetes to your son.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234