0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArlaMo View Post
    I don't work, but I have six children :

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Buddy, it will all be great. Like I've said to you before, you're gonna kick this 'old school' - i.e. back into remission for a long long long time. I think that you'll have no problems with it and it'll be way easier than the first time - you run marathons remember It's too bad that we have to take the pred along with the chemo - otherwise I would have shaved my hair off in a blink, but the pred has so altered my face and neck and the lovely humpy lumpy on my back, shaving is not really an option.

See you on Skype when your internet is back up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Marta, yep going old school Going to the doc today so should know more soon. I am registered for the Austin marathon in February, that *might* be a bit of a stretch, but I am keeping my eye on the 1/2. Just want to get on with it and be healthy, which I know is possible because I did it before.

And I don't want anyone to say anything negative about me wanting to do a 1/2 or full marathon in February, I get it, but I have to have goals to challenge myself. Sorry just had to say that

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArlaMo View Post
    Oh, I'm so sorry the rtx didn't put you in remission!

I was on ctx for almost 11 months before doing the rtx infusions - the first month, I struggled a bit, but a daily nap was so helpful. I don't work, but I have six children and managed to keep up with almost all their comings and goings throughout the treatment. I did lose most of my hair but it is about three inches long now
    I'd say 6 kids IS work. I have trouble chasing 2 kids around
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You go sister. You and Pmarsh are really getting me inspired. I've pulled my bike out and my treadmill and I are getting more aquainted. Like Jack said in another thread (not in these words, but it's congruent with the way I feel) you don't know what tomorrow holds so make hay while the sun shines. And it's great to have some goals.

ArlaMo - I bow to anyone with more than one kid. SIX?????? you are a goddess!!! My one 4 year old going on 16 has a way of making me run circles every day.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123