Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Imuran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Imuran

so i just got A.J.'s blood test results. He has been on Imuran for 3 weeks. His creatinine random urine is high at 424, but his protein/creatinine ratio is normal. His sed rate is up to a 6 from a 2 and his globulin is slightly low, albumin/globulin ratio is slightly high and bilirubin is slightly high. Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It take Imuran more than three weeks to work. I was on it a short time, but developed an allergic reaction. What about A.J's symptoms?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to look at the lab work within the scope of the range they give. Labs vary on how they report the results or what units they use. When you say things are slightly high or slightly low, is it within the range or slightly out of the range? Same with the sed rate. Is it within the normal range?

I have found this web site to be useful, but, as I said in another thread, don't read too much into the results unless you have medical training. Knowing the results can be scary, entertaining, and comforting all at the same time.... I have spent hours studying my labs and even plotting the results. I've had fun and learned a few things, but it hasn't always helped my understanding of the disease or what's going on.