Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Immune System & Vits/Supps

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Immune System & Vits/Supps

I'm suddenly confused. Like me, I know some/many of you take vits/supps, but am I working against my medicine when I do? I know one person (like me) takes probiotics, but aren't they immune-building? This could go for vit C, etc., etc. Maybe this is partly why I'm still trying to get my Weg's under submission - my immune system has to be irradicated - but I'm working against that when I take them. What does your doc say?
    Thanks - David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take a couple suppliments, but they are mostly to rebuild what my treatments have taken away from me. I take calcium and vitamin D, and a basic multi vitamin b/c my Rheumy says those are good to take all the time, for everyone. But nothing I take is immune boosting. I've not asked this question to my Rheumy, but I think that I've seen it mentioned here before, it is working agaist you to take immune-building while your Wegs is still active and your undergoing treatment.
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My docs don't want me taking any supplements or vits without talking with them first. I am of course taking Vit D and calcium by their recomendation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probiotics are not immune-boosting. They help maintain the normal gut flora. The intestines contribute to immune function, but regulating the intestinal flora does not boost the immune system.