Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hit by a truck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Hit by a truck

Funny thing happened on the way to bed last night....

I've had a big couple of weeks, topped with news last Friday that my job only has a few months to run. The company I work for is working to find me something else which is great but there's still that level of uncertainly. Anyhoo, I thought I was handling things ok until last night. I started feeling extremely tired and nauseous almost instantly about 9pm last night. I happened to look in the mirror and wow...my eyes looked like they were four inches back in my skull and I had dark rings almost completely around both eyes, kinda like a Panda. I quickly gathered the people in my head for an emergency meeting and we all decided to go to bed. I think I was in the middle of saying "I feel like a pile of warm......." when I fell asleep. I didn't even get up to go to the loo for 6 hours which is quite remakable for me. I plan to spend the rest of the day surfing the net and will probably have a nap.

Just one of the many cool surprises of WG I should have taken a photo and used it as a pitch for a horror movie "Curse of the Weggie".
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi andrew.
    that sounds like stress to me.the issue about your job,even though you say it's ok,will have been rumbling around your brain without you realising it.i try to avoid stress(yeah like that's possible)because i know i'll have some kind of physical reaction but without the panda eyes. lol.are you a raiders fan andrew,i believe that can be very stressfull.
    john.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crackers View Post
    are you a raiders fan andrew,i believe that can be very stressfull.
    john.
    Depends which 'Raiders' you mean. If you mean Oakland Raiders then yes, and it is very stressful. If they could get one win in a row then I'd be happy If you mean Canberra Raiders (my home town) then nope, I don't follow them
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Andrew,
    I also think this may be a reaction to stress. How long have you been on prednisolone (assuming that you are)?
    I find that I no longer deal with stress at all well and it used to be one thing I was really good at! I now find that even small things like having a long "to do" list will get to me and I have to make an effort to get things in proportion. I also find myself crying in emotional situations (not my style at all) and I'm sure it is the long term effects of steroids causing it.
    Hope you soon feel better and the job situation resolves itself.
    Jack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes Jack, you and John are right. It would have been stress. I realise that now I have a clearer head My wife tells me I look like a human now which is a plus. I must have looked a sight yesterday. I went to do the shopping and still looked panda-ish. Added to that, my hair was a mess (was on the way to get it cut) and I had a bright orange t-shirt on that has "STATE PRISON" in large black letters on the front of it. Now I realise why I was getting such odd looks Hahahahahaha.....
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    I must have looked a sight yesterday. I went to do the shopping and still looked panda-ish. Added to that, my hair was a mess (was on the way to get it cut) and I had a bright orange t-shirt on that has "STATE PRISON" in large black letters on the front of it.
    That is hilarious, Andrew.

I hope the job situation sorts out quickly. It always amazes me how much stress affects us physically. I mean, it's true of everyone, it's just that when you're weaker it's so obvious. Dark circles around the eyes are kidney/adrenal stress--rest well and let yourself heal up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andrew,

I am sorry about your stressful situations. I know I needed to go on BP med's because I was in way too much stress that my BP was scarey high. I am sure it is due tot he presnisone as well as the stress of the WG.
    I am glad you are feeling and Looking (according to your wife) better. Best of luch with your job situation. I will be thinking about you.
    Lisa Coffeelover

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks :-) I'm feeling a lot better today larely because it lokos like my company has found me other work which is great. Yet to be confirmed but looking good.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow talk about stress.our german shepherd started throwing up and passing blood on wednesday night so i stayed up with him for two nights,took him to the vets,who give him a couple of shots plus AB's to bring home and he is now settling down.then tonight the other one started exactly the same so it looks like another sleepless night with her until we can get her to the vets tomorrow.since this started both my nostrils are full of sores and my top lip feels like it's been botoxed plus i've been feeling feverish.but i know once the dogs are ok it will settle down.dog lovers curse i suppose.
    john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yow!! Yeah we have two German Shepherds and a Mini Fox Terrier. If any of them are sick we stay up with them as well. It's exhusting but I can't sleep knowing one of the pooches is sick.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast