Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel Insurance for us?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did you get on booking your insurance? I noticed the company I booked with are also in Australia: Cheap Travel Insurance Australia ? Annual Travel Insurance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I didn't have much luck yesterday . I went and seen A GP about signing off on the medical assessment form, He just wrote a one sentence letter saying I was diagnosed with wegs in 2001. no help at all . Its not his fault . He dosnt know me at all and I didn't ask him the right questions . The wegs isn't the drama I can manage that fine but its My ears ..Will I be OK to Fly with a refracted Eardrum . ..
    I filled out the online assessment while I was at the travel agency yesterday and Just put Wegs as My Illness with all my Meds I take .. But didn't say anything about my ear . Well that came back saying That With the Information you have given us You didn't need to fill out the assessment ! . and gave me cover .
    All well and good But I need to find a doc and ask the Question .can i fly with. a refracted eardrum?? .. ??.. if I can get that cleared up and call the Insurance people back and tell them about My ear they will have to reassess my insurance cover .. hopefully they will cover me . Alot of going around in circles ..
    I have an appointment tomorrow At another local GP to see if I can get an ok to fly with m ear ... see what happens ..
    Diagnosed March 2001 ... WG Involvement - Ears . Sinus ( saddle nose) , eye ( blind Left )
    currently on 5 mg Pred , Myfortex 6x360mg/d , Fosamax 70mg .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure about the ear drum. But I have flown several times since I got Wegs.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same here, insurance with preexisting disease is a safe bet and available. I would make sur about the eardrum for two reasons, one can you fly and two, will it be covered under your insurance. Most insurances want to make sure that you have not been adjusting your meds for the past 3 months and that your condition is stable.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Natalie,
    I actually do some underwriting for Great Lakes Aust (liability ins. not travel), anyhow, I guess because they already know me, they said no, probably because things are still up in the air and other conditions are still being decided.

I am so happy they you can get the cover, but yes, get that ear situation sorted out with them.

Take care and happy travels
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Not sure about the ear drum. But I have flown several times since I got Wegs.
    I too have flown a couple times with no problem since airplanes are pressurized so pressure changes are minimal. My Eustachian tube doesn't work either very well. I would ask an ENT doctor for an assessment about flying with your ear condition. Other people might have similar ear conditions caused by other things than WEGS so he could have experience in treating people like you. I some times have mild discomfort from ear drum being pulled in by vacuum in Eustachian tube and flying could make that worse but it didn't for me.
    Last edited by drz; 08-09-2011 at 01:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all your input into this matter DRZ... thats interesting that you have flown with your Eustachin tube not functioning properly , Gives me Hope I might be able go on my Holiday afterall ..,
    I slept in today and missed my Doc appointment OOps I re booked for tomorrow afternoon .

I do know I need to be asking The ENT This question .. Its just such a muck around to get into see them without an appointment,the receptionists carry on like your braking all the rules ! and I was only there last week ! Just didnt get the question answered fully and would of need them to write a clearance note about it . ..
    Will see what GP says about it tomorrow .. then might have to try getting in to see ENT again soon .. my Next appointment isn't until Feb next year .. I could even just call in on Tuesday when they have there clinic on and pull one of them aside ??.. That would piss the reception lady's off
    Diagnosed March 2001 ... WG Involvement - Ears . Sinus ( saddle nose) , eye ( blind Left )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I have been given the all clear to Fly ENT went over my Records /folder and cleared me . I have asked for this in writing and are waiting for it to come in the mail . very excited lol .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good, now off you go....../
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jola57 View Post
    Good, now off you go....../
    only 6 weeks until i fly out whoo

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast