Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
Most of the above is correct, but I want to make sure a couple things are corrected.
1) Wegs does not damage muscles or directly cause muscle loss.
Wegs can cause nerve damage by affecting the blood flow to the nerve. Then, if the nerve isn't functioning properly that can lead to muscle atrophy. This might sound picky, but it's not. Some diseases cause direct muscle damage and Wegs is not one of them. Wegs doesn't always affect the nerves. Muscle loss before pred is usually due to inactivity. Many people are quite sick and/or in pain, and their muscles atrophy with disuse. Also, pred causes muscle loss directly. (It cause muscle loss and fat retention. It does the opposite of anabolic steroids that people take in sports.)

2) Wegs doesn't damage the joints.
Wegs can cause joint pain and inflammation, but it doesn't damage the joints. When the Wegs is treated the joint pain disappears. This is very important. We don't want people thinking Wegs is like RA, where the joints are severely damaged over time.

What causes fatigue? The body uses a lot of its resources to deal with a chronic illness. Also, pred causes adrenal weakness which directly causes fatigue. Many of the drugs have fatigue as a side effect. Chronic inflammation is very exhausting to the body. It requires a huge amount of energy.
this is interesting, why then, if i would consider myself mostly in remission (5mg pred, +METX) would i hae such screaming pain in my joints and core of my bones like legs? my inflammation should be down and IK in my face it most shorly is, even if im retaining some puff from pred