User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Map link on where our readers are located.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Map link on where our readers are located.

Vdub created this map and here is a summary of his instructions. PM him if you need help.

http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=242717

On the left side you will see a "scroll bar" with hash marks on it. Pull the scroll bar button down toward the negative sign and that will decrease the zoom level so you see more of the world. Then you will be able to see where people are. If you click on one of the push pins, then it will tell you who that is. Also, you can click on the small double arrow in the left hand corner and it will give you a list of who has put a pin in and you can click on the name on the list to show where they are. You can drag the map around by grabbing it with the left mouse button and them moving the mouse.

If you were interested in a particular pin, then you could keep moving the zoom level in while keeping the push pin centered and get right down to street level placement. However, I have disabled "street-level" because of privacy reasons. You can get to city-level, tho....

To put your own pin in, click on "Additions", then "Add Marker - Simple". Fill in the form and it will put a pin in for you. Let me know if you need additional help. written by VDUB
    Last edited by drz; 06-24-2011 at 05:28 AM. Reason: several tries to try repair link to map

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does Wegener's only affect those who speak English?
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol...maybe the non english speaking people belong to a non english wegners site.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Does Wegener's only affect those who speak English?
    We have one Norwegian and one Dutch person on here for sure and some from India who probably all have a native language other than English, but I wonder about why none from South America or South Africa but maybe they have their own forums in their own languages.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had someone from South Africa awhile back. I've forgotten their name and wonder if they still check in. I don't recall seeing anyone from South America, other African countries or Asia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Medical care in South America is crap compared to what we have in North America. So I would be inclined to think that Wegs goes mostly undiagnosed. And even if it is diagnosed no one down there is experienced enough to treat it properly and so many probably suffer and die. I would also think that most people down there could not affort a computer or internet.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003