Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruituxin please help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ruituxin please help

Hi my name is chuck I just got dx about 6 weeks ago spent a week in the hosp anyone who had a infusion had any bad reactions littile nervous about it all

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Chuck, welcome to the group. I've had several rounds of rtx and haven't had an allergic reaction. I do get an uncommon reaction to it though--beginning the day of the first infusion I get extremely weak. It gets worse with each infusion and lasts about 6 weeks (from the first infusion). Very few people get this reaction so you shouldn't worry that it'll happen to you. If it does, it "only" makes your life miserable for a few weeks but doesn't mean you have to stop getting rtx.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Chuck! I haven't had Rtx myslef, but MANY on this site have, I'm sure more will be along soon to sing its praises. Best wishes to you.
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very any support while I battle this would be most helpful

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Chuck:

I have already had my first infusion of rtx on Friday and will get my other 3 done on the following Wednesdays. This is my first time using rtx and so far so good. But I think one cannot properly evaluate this until all infusions are done or even a month or so afterwards. I think most people tolerate it quite well and do OK afterwards.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Chuck,
    I did just fine with the Rituxan. I have had 2 rounds, first round was last year and this round I finished in April.
    Good luck to you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Chuck - I've finished a full round of RTX a couple of weeks ago (I did four infusions over four weeks). I had no problems...maybe a bit wiped out the rest of the day after the infusion. That might have been from sitting at the infusion center for 4 hours. The nurses will watch you very carefully for your first infusion. If there's any problems they can take care of it right away. What other treatments have you had for your WG?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had RTX here in the UK - two 6 hour infusions two weeks apart. No adverse reactions, I was nodding off during them due to the other medications they give to try and ensure there is no reaction.

The results were stunning - after months of trying Cyclophosphamide with no effect whatsoever, other than maing me feel rubbish, the RTX got my bloods to good levels within 3 weeks and they have largely stayed that way for the past 2 months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Chuck! I recently finished rituxan (3 weeks ago). I had the 2 infusion protocol. No problems whatsoever! And I feel pretty darn weggie good. There are some risks of course, but don't get yourself too worked up about it. Good luck!
    ~ Chris ~
    (Female )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris G View Post
    Welcome Chuck! I recently finished rituxan (3 weeks ago). I had the 2 infusion protocol. No problems whatsoever! And I feel pretty darn weggie good. There are some risks of course, but don't get yourself too worked up about it. Good luck!
    I love this term "weggie good"
    That sounds like a keeper we can all use from time to time!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast