User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: This forum is growing by the day and I need help to run the thing....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default This forum is growing by the day and I need help to run the thing....

Hey all
    I need the assistance of someone with a degree of technical know-how.

This forum is getting more popular. Unfortunately it's also much more popular with nutcases trying to sign up and post junk. Consequently, I've had to tighten the screws a lot to prevent this from happening. The unfortunate side-effect is that some genuine real people can't sign up.

What will normally happen is that they get a message telling them to email me with a username they want and I can set up a login.

Up until recent months, this has worked flawlessly because I was actually home more often than not. These days unfortunately as my work responsibilities increase I'm away much more frequently which leaves these poor people out in the cold for a fair degree of time until I can string together enough minutes to make half an hour.

So, I need someone that can process the 3 - 5 people per day (sometimes less, 3 - 5 is on the high side) that need to have their logins created for them.

I will supply documentation and a login to the admin panel and I'd prefer that you've been participating on the forums for a few months (like I haven't!). Once you get used to it, it takes about two minutes to create someone's login.

You'll be THE person doing this for the next three months at least. If you feel you can do it, please message me. After three months I'll probably be able to assist but I guarantee nothing

So, there it is. If you have any questions, post them here. If you want to volunteer, message me.

Have a grand ol' day
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know very little about computers Andrew, but if you think I can do it I will certainly try. I know others on here talking computer lingo have much more experience than myself. I don't want to see genuine people needing help being left out in the cold.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work in IT so I'm at least somewhat technical , and I'd be willing to help out. Can't guarantee it would be a perfect daily attenance though, though I do pretty much check daily now unless I'm away. Maybe a combination of Phil and me helping out? Let me know
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too. I sent Andrew a pm but I think between a few of us we can be on it. I too am not on the computer every day, but we can cover for each other.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I think the right people have responded.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Awesome thanks all! I'll try and get back to you all on the weekend with some more info.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got the know how to do it, but not the concentration at the moment. If I can help anyone when you're not around though, I'll do my best