Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for opinions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default looking for opinions.

I went to my pharmasist on june 1st and got two prescriptions filled for 11 days worth of 2 different prescriptions. One of them I was to take two pills a day and the other I was to take 3 a day. By this wednesday I had 4 days left of the one antibiotic-the right amount-but I was short 12 pills of the one that i take 3 of a day.

I went back to the pharmacy and the pharmacist was very apologetic and said I remember you, you needed 11 days worth I will fix that now. He "fixed" it and I went home.

Now I should be done both prescriptions tomorow and I have enough left of the one he got right the first time but i ran out of the other one last night. when I was there he said ok so i gave you 7 more. which he did. I did not think much of it but I now realise I needed 12 more-4 days 3 pills a day.

one other thing the lady before me on the day I originaly filled the scripts called him over to fix her prescripton for her son's earache. he was very apologetic then as well. Also, I was pretty sure my prednisone prescription was over filled last time but thought maybe i screwed up my taper.

My question is should I say something to someone at the pharmacy. Mine was just antibiotics and a wrong amount but he could potentialy hurt someone and it is not like it was once-it was the last 3 times i was there and not just me. I am not normally a busy body so im not sure and just wanted some opinions

thanks
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say something...peoples meds is not something to be messing up on all the time. You're not being a busy body, you're just looking out for someone who may not catch his mistakes.
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would talk to someone in charge. It is one thing to make a mistake in quantity. Hopefully he has not made a mistake in dispensing the wrong medication.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I will have to say something to somebody not in charge as his nametag says Pharmasist manager. lol. And yes that is what i believe hapened to the woman before me but she noticed.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you should definitely say something. He could be making mistakes or doing it deliberately. Drug theft by pharmacy staff (including pharmacists) is a very big problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my first thought was theft...but i could not figure why he would steal antibiotics. I thought that ever single pill in a pharmacy is accounted for.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought so, too but I've seen investigative reports about it. Apparently it's a big problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd complain, my friend works in a pharmacy and this error should not happen if he was doing his job correctly.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theft happens all the time, we are responsible to make sure our prescriptions are correct, but if there are recurring problems, there is a problem.
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't recall ever having a problem like that.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast