Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gpa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gpa

I have no idea if granulomatosis wih polyangiitis (GPA) will be as common a reference to our disease as Wegener's is, but, just in case, I bought the domain name. It will take about 24 hours for the DNS to wiggle it's way around the world and populate the various top-level domain servers, but sometime tomorrow, you should be able to click on

http://www.granulomatosis-polyangiitis.com

and it will redirect you to this site.

I have no intentions of using the domain other than redirecting it to here and saving it for some other similiar use. If anyone wants the domain, just ask....

I did check to see if GPA.* was available and, no surprise, all those domains were gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, that's great vdub. I wouldn't have thought of doing such a thing in a million years! (Which--ironically-- is how long it's gonna take me to even consider calling Wegs "GPA." )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you know that WG was changed to GPA due to someone making an issue over the fact that Wegener (the dr who founded WG) Was a Nazi ??
    Johns drs were explaining that to us this week. Like wegeners granulomatosis wasnt long enough...lets rename it with 20 more syllables geeze =)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great idea vdub. I may have thought of it, but like the sheet rock screw I would have been a little late, nice job.
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie78 View Post
    Did you know that WG was changed to GPA due to someone making an issue over the fact that Wegener (the dr who founded WG) Was a Nazi ??
    Johns drs were explaining that to us this week. Like wegeners granulomatosis wasnt long enough...lets rename it with 20 more syllables geeze =)
    No kidding. Have you tried to do a medical alert bracelet or jewelry with Wegener's Granulomatosis - it doesn't fit their specified space. What's gonna happen with the new one. Tattoo it down your leg?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is true.... Mayo doctor helped spearhead name change for disorder with Nazi namesake | Minnesota Public Radio News

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marta View Post
    No kidding. Have you tried to do a medical alert bracelet or jewelry with Wegener's Granulomatosis - it doesn't fit their specified space. What's gonna happen with the new one. Tattoo it down your leg?
    ROTFL Can you imagine the size of the medallion you'd have to hang around your neck? We'd become famous. Walk in an ER with that thing and the staff would say, "Oh look, that's one of those Weggie Granny Pollyanna people. Don't stare."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you imagine the size of the medallion you'd have to hang around your neck?
    At that point it's not a medallion..... It's BLING.... <que in rap music>

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL! Exactly what I was picturing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marta View Post
    Any excuse for me to get another tattoo...!!
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast