Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: leg issues

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vdub - Just looking back on everything that has happened, I'm thinking it's WG and not restless legs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And that is why I posted that question/issue.... That's kind of my thinking as well. It would be WG in the true vasculitis sense... But, I haven't seen any damage from it.... I will ask the SLC boyz.... I have a list for them and I'll be seeing them on the 13th -- 2 weeks now....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    .... Such a weird disease.... I'll bet we could blame pregnancy on WG.....
    Ha ha, that explains everything.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had restless legs before I got Wegs too, and since diagnosis I've had them a few times (each time while taking Benydril, so I attributed it to that, although as scientists say "correlation does not necessitate causation")

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before I got dx'ed and the Wegs was severely active, my legs would sort of writhe all night long. It was as if they had turned into snakes or something. I know it sounds crazy but there it is. It was one of the early symptoms and returns whenever the Wegs dog is fully awake. I have restless legs on and off these days but it isn't at all the same thing. When it's Wegs, I also can't lay still at night for longer than 2 seconds. I'm serious about that timing. I'll flip to one side then instantly have to move again. All night long.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, that is me. I can't comfortable and I am stretching, twisting, doubling my legs all night long in an effort to get comfortable. It doesn't come. Eventually, it wil go away. With the current round, I think my legs have been bothering me for about 48 hrs. Oddly, I am mostly bothered when at rest. If I am walking around (say a museum) I don't notice it as much -- it's still there, but I just to notice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When reading my Fosomax insert today it stated that muscle cramp can result from low calcium blood levels. I know mine vary from hardly noticed to extremely painful. I was told I had restless legs when I was evaluated for sleep apnea and sometimes they wake me up, just like the cramps. I know there were different meds they recommended. The one I found easiest was drinking quine water at bed time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read that about calcium so I went and grabbed my blood tests, which I've been getting every 2 weeks for the past several months. Calcium is spot on where it should be.... Don't know.... Definitely a question for the doc. I have a list of questions -- unfortunately, I'll probably forget the list.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband started having problems with his calves (like he had worked out) it did gradually get worse. He is in the hospital and has been since Tuesday. We were told (by the dr) that it was probably a side affect of the pred) when he came into the hospital he couldn't walk! It ended up being from the WG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stephanie, it's most likely from the pred but to be on the safe side ask them to check for blood clots. They may not realize that Weggies are 23% more likely to get blood clots. I had this happen on day 3 of pulse steroids. That should be completely impossible!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast