Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: leg issues

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default leg issues

I really struggled with what to title this thread, because when doing a search on the forum, I noticed that we had a LOT of information buried in hundreds of posts on only a few topic areas. So, it is difficult to search (and find) info on a specific subject.

Anyway, my question is "how does WG affect the legs". The reason I'm asking is because I'm having some issues with the calves of my legs. Actually, I have had these issues for years and always thought it was restless leg syndrome. IBU always fixed me up, but I was doing IBU almost every night.

I'm beginning to think the issue is related to WG, but don't know, so I'm throwing the question out to you guys who have been around the block a couple more times than I have.

The calves of my legs, often, and increasingly more frequent, ache as if the muscle is about to twitch, but never quite makes it. Tensing the calve muscles seems to relieve the pain (ache) momentarily, but it's still there when the muscle is relaxed. On occassion the muscle (leg) will actually twitch, but it's kind of a forced twitch versus an involuntary sudden twitch -- sort of inbetween the two.

Does that sound like a WG issue or something else?

A funny aside, but not to go off-track with the first post on my own thread, but I woke up at 0300 this morning and thought bugs were crawling down my legs. I was sleeping above the covers even tho the a/c has been going 24/7. Anyway, I went to slap the "bugs" and it was beads of sweat rolling down my legs. My shirt was soaked. The inside temp was a pleasant 70, but I was buring up. Darned steroids!
    <insert putain>

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I could help vdub. I don't know if that would be Wegs related or not. I have never had anything like that before except of course the night sweats.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You still down south and on your uncle's gee whiz MAC, Phil? How are things going?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not too bad vdub. Thanks for asking. We might not be home til Sunday but will see what Mom and Dad want to do. I would like to go down to Assiniboia to see Grandma and my friend Dale but I have a feeling that Mom will want to go straight home tomorrow.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kinda get this a bit VDUB, but I'd chalked it up to the Prednisone to be honest. Maybe that's not correct. I wake up at night a lot kicking out with my legs now. Usually when I'm not quite to sleep actually, wakes me back up.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vdub, the steroids might be upsetting your balance of calcium and magnesium. There are a number of other nutrients that could be the culprit but it can be pretty complicated to figure out which one. Start with calcium and magnesium.
    Last edited by Sangye; 06-04-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am prone to spontaneous leg cramps and muscle spasms so I take calcium & magnesium (combined in one pill and I take 3 pills) every night before bed. It helps. My dose is 900mg calcium with 450mg magnesium (2:1 ratio cal to mag).

Some say it helps one sleep as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

calcium & magnesium
    I'll see if I can get some of this stuff and try it out. I am on steroids (cortef), but as a replacement. I'm not of pred or anything and this issue has been with me for a long time.... well before WG was diagnosed. However, I thought maybe it had been WG trying to wake up 10 years ago.... Such a weird disease.... I'll bet we could blame pregnancy on WG.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had the same issue with my legs for years and it was attributed to restless leg syndrome. I can always tell when it kicks up - my legs will get that spidery, tingly feeling (mostly during the evening).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, Diannne, in your estimation, it really is restless leg syndrome and not WG?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast