User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Living with WG (how you want to)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Sorry Brian. Your talk is not cheap. We charge 100 dollars a word for non Weggies on here so your bill is now over 380 grand. Pay up buddy. LOL
    ROTFL Just make the check out to the VF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    ROTFL Just make the check out to the VF.
    But we get a commission as well.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this may be ambitious, and I've only known about my WG for about two months, but I fully plan on completing an IronMan triathlon. I was looking for a cause to start raising money for before I went in to the hospital for WG, and now I have one.

The way I look at it, the disease can define me, or I can define this disease. I've always been a little stubborn...so I plan on giving this thing my all. And it would be a good opportunity to raise awareness for WG as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Runcolerun View Post
    I know this may be ambitious, and I've only known about my WG for about two months, but I fully plan on completing an IronMan triathlon. I was looking for a cause to start raising money for before I went in to the hospital for WG, and now I have one.

The way I look at it, the disease can define me, or I can define this disease. I've always been a little stubborn...so I plan on giving this thing my all. And it would be a good opportunity to raise awareness for WG as well.
    I would give serious thought to doing such an extreme sport like that Cole. I would thoroughly discuss this with your doctors. I know for a fact that if I told my doc I was doing a marathon or something like that he would admit me to the psych ward.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's good to have a goal like that, Cole. Wegs likes to throw curveballs but it doesn't always do that. You might do just fine attaining your goal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discuss it with your doctors and see what they say. How much prednisone are you taking? That could be a big factor in whether it is safe for you to do it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fully plan on talking to my Doc, just trying to find a new Rhmey already...the one that was reccomended by the ER doc has found a problem with calling me back.

My Pulminologist is great, however. I was registered for the MS150 before my hospitilization, (end of the month) and my Pulmy told me that if I could do it, to do it...

Im on 20mg prednisone right now, but I am taking it super easy with my running and biking because I know that the Preds can really be hard on ligaments, bones and tendons. My taper has gone really well, and I've lost 40mg since being released from ICU.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fully plan on talking to my Doc, just trying to find a new Rhmey already...the one that was reccomended by the ER doc has found a problem with calling me back.

My Pulminologist is great, however. I was registered for the MS150 before my hospitilization, (end of the month) and my Pulmy told me that if I could do it, to do it...

Im on 20mg prednisone right now, but I am taking it super easy with my running and biking because I know that the Preds can really be hard on ligaments, bones and tendons. My taper has gone really well, and I've lost 40mg since being released from ICU.
    This is very good news Cole. It sure sounds like you will be able to do it. Just listen to your body.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123